[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Quietly Enigmatic • View topic - SNOW????

SNOW????

Hey there neighbour, what's new?

Re: SNOW????

Postby Lynnedean » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:52 pm

Don't look now, but ... ...

"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby larastheme » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:25 pm

Its snowing in West Yorkshire, my dog will love a walk around Odgens Water tomorrow morning she loves the snow.

Lynne
larastheme

Postby historianheidi » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:52 pm

We had about the same amount of snow as Lynne (lynnedean) did the first time around -a tiny amount. It disappeared very quickly. We may be getting more either later on tonight and/or Tuesday and Wednesday. I actually hope it doesn't snow on Wednesday as that's the day I have to go to Brighton.

I wouldn't mind too much if it snows next week rather than this coming one. It'll be half term so I can admire how pretty it is through the window, without having to go out in it! :biggrin:
historianheidi

Postby Lynnedean » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:40 am

"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby Sunshine » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:29 am

Awwww.....Love 'em, Lynne! :biggrin:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby hazeleyes57 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:11 pm

Colchester (GB!) has had about 6 inches of snow - the pups love it but they're having to jump like Tigger to get anywhere as it's so deep their stomachs drag in the snow. They've both come in looking like they've been sprayed with glue and dropped in a box of polystyrene balls. :eyeroll:
hazeleyes57

Location: Colchester, England, home of the Iceni, Boudicca and jolly nice cake shops

Postby foylefan » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:12 pm

Absolutely beautiful, Lynne! How long does it take you to make your snowmen?
Have your dogs seen the snow before Hazeleyes? We once had a dog, that whenever we would get an infrequent dusting of snow, she would stand in the middle of the yard, look toward the heavens, and bark and howl non-stop!
foylefan

Postby Lynnedean » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:14 pm

Foylefan - I reckon it takes me only about twenty minutes to build a snowman, but that's because I don't make very big ones. I actually built two today - the other is sitting in my neighbours' driveway. I'm afraid that neither will last very long. It's not even cold enough to have the central heating on tonight, so I think that most of the snow will have disappeared by morning. Oh well, at least I was able to enjoy some.

Halzeleyes - you're spot on with your descriptions again. We used to have a large rough collie; you can imagine what he looked like after he'd been out in the snow. The trick is to use a hair dryer to dislodge the encrusted snowballs! :D

~ Lynne
Lynnedean

Postby hazeleyes57 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:43 pm

The pups played happily in the snow last year too, they love it. They were not impressed with a hairdryer and kept running beyond the reach of the flex. So today, every time they came back inside they had a dip in warm water (it was roughly even about who got the most wet) to get the ice out of their coats, then they got a rub down with a towel - after which they would run to the back door to go out again.

I swear they were laughing.
hazeleyes57

Location: Colchester, England, home of the Iceni, Boudicca and jolly nice cake shops

Postby ayresorchids » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:37 am

...And I do hope that you find somebody who deserves you.
ayresorchids

Postby Englishfan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:08 am

Your husband had good taste in hats and the penguins & snowman look proud to wear them.
E'fan
Englishfan

Postby WitTea » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:04 am

Super cute snowmen. We just got snow in New England today. Nothing like last year though. That's good and bad.
WitTea

Postby Samfan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:26 pm

This happened two weeks ago now, but it's taken me this long to finally sit down, optimize my pictures for the web/this forum, and load them onto Photobucket (never done that before, and never posted images here before. Thanks Lynne, for your instructions in the "how to..." section). Here it goes...

Two weeks ago (Friday, Feb. 10), I decided to go up to my parents house in southwest lower Michigan for the weekend (even though they are in Arizona right now. It was sort of like spending a few days at a condo... :D ). It was snowing when I left Northern Indiana, but I didn't pay much attention. I got to Michigan all right, and was planning on going to the library on Saturday and use one of the study rooms to work on some class assignments.

WELL.....
I woke up Saturday morning to a foot and a half of snow, and the library was closed! I got some work done, but not as much as I had planned. I spent a good portion of my time staring out the window at the snow. It was beautiful, really. But Cold!! I didn't go out much; mostly just to snow-blow the driveway and dig a path for my dog in the backyard. Here's some pictures:

A view of the snow from the backdoor:

My dog, Ginger, out in the snow:

Ginger is part Yellow Labrador retriever, part coonhound. She looks like a mini-yellow lab, and howls like a hound:

Sunday was a bit warmer and sunny. After church, I went out cross-country skiing at the small state park near my parents house. There were a bunch of other people there also cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. Sorry, no picture of that.

We got snow here in Southwest lower Michigan yesterday and today. I was supposed to go cross-country skiing with a group from church today, but I got an email from the organizer, saying that the snow was not skiable (but, she added, you could probably water-ski on it :lol: ).

Hope these pictures satisfies some people's longing for snow. It hasn't been the greatest snow-wise (but I also have many friends who really like it that way.... )

Samfan
Last edited by Samfan on Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby Lynnedean » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:57 pm

It looks like Paradise to me, Samfan! We've now got very mild weather for the time of year; we'll get no more snow. Unfortunately, it doesn't look as though we're going to get much rain either, and we really need it.

~ Lynne
Lynnedean

Postby foylefan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:17 am

Absolutely beautiful, Samfan--thanks so much for posting!
foylefan

SNOW!

Postby Lynnedean » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:45 pm

I don't believe it - it's snowing! I heard nothing about the possibility mentioned on the radio this morning - or at any time during last week, for that matter - so it's come as a complete surprise. Unfortunately, it won't lie, as it's only light and the ground is already wet because of rain, but I'm grinning, anyway. And I needed something to cheer me up after Newcastle's pitiful performance at lunchtime, which produced only a 1-1 draw!

~ Lynne
Lynnedean

Postby ayresorchids » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:46 pm

Congrats on the unexpected snow, Lynne. Glad it brought a smile, if not more snowmen.
:wave:
...And I do hope that you find somebody who deserves you.
ayresorchids

Postby foylefan » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:42 pm

Glad you got to see it once more this season, Lynne, and sorry about your team.
foylefan

Postby Samfan » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:56 pm

It's snowing!!

Of course, it will soon turn to rain, but it's a start! :biggrin:

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby Lynnedean » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:18 pm

Lynnedean

PreviousNext

Return to Over the Back Fence