[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Quietly Enigmatic • View topic - LSSU Banished Word List 2020

LSSU Banished Word List 2020

Hey there neighbour, what's new?

LSSU Banished Word List 2020

Postby Samfan » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:02 pm

Lake Superior State University has published their Banished Word List for 2020. This year, curated, literally, and jelly made the list. What would you add?

Happy New Year!!

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Re: LSSU Banished Word List 2020

Postby Wolesley » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:57 pm

Excellent! Thanks, Samfan, for posting the link — always enjoy having my own pet peeves confirmed. Especially 'artisanal.' :rofl:

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby Sunshine » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:22 pm

OMG!!!!! I was looking at the list, spotted the word "influencer" and believed that was a good choice - and then I spotted my name as one of the people who mentioned it!!!! :eek:

(Does that make me - GULP - an "influencer?" :lol: )
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby Wolesley » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:42 am

Hahahaha, it totally does, Sunshine! :rofl:

Lesley

P.S. I just noticed that the person who nominated the word 'totes' is one Samantha Stuart. Different spelling of the surname, but still! :samkiss:
Wolesley

Return to Over the Back Fence