[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Quietly Enigmatic • View topic - Emory's Gift

Emory's Gift

What you are watching, reading, listening to or creating when MK's not on the telly.

Emory's Gift

Postby Samfan » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:16 pm

I just finished an audiobook of the book, Emory's Gift, by W. Bruce Cameron. It is about a young boy, Charlie, who is saved from a mountain lion by a grizzly bear. Charlie and the bear then befriend each other (yes, 'willing suspension of disbelief' is needed here). The book also goes into Charlie's life then: the loss of his mother, his father's distance, and Charlie's life at school, with its social difficulties and him learning about love.

This was a really good book, and I 'couldn't put it down' (I kept going the long way to places in my car :D ). The audiobook was read by the author, and I was a bit worried about that at first, wondering how I would like that. But, he was a really good reader--he had a nice deep voice, and I think he did a good job with the voices.

I think this book is technically an 'adult' book, but I wonder if it could be a 'young adult' book (its Charlie as a man talking about when he was thirteen).

I highly recommend it :thumbsup:

Here's a link to the Amazon page for it (which may have spoilers):

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Return to Watching, Reading, Listening, Creating