Britbox

What you are watching, reading, listening to or creating when MK's not on the telly.

Britbox

Postby Samfan » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:34 pm

Britbox is here, I believe only for the U.S. market. They stream shows from the BBC and ITV--looks like a lot of older stuff. No Foyle's War yet.

Here's the link:

https://www.britbox.com/

Free 7-day trial, then $6.99 a month.

I may check it out.

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Re: Britbox

Postby Wolesley » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:47 am

I got the message: 'Not available for your country.' Too bad, looks interesting.

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby dcfoylefan » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:58 pm

I signed up for the seven day trial. It has Kitchen being handsome in Boon. The quality of the print is better than the pathetic copy we pass around the fandom, but not by much. That said, he is very, very handsome.

It's also got Kitchen in Inspector Morse as well. It will come as no shock to you, that Kitchen is very, very handsome in Inspector Morse.

Otherwise, it's got some lovely British Detectives that you can't get on AcornTV. However, lots of the stuff is often available on iplayer, if you have a VPN.

I'll dig around a bit more this weekend, to see if it has more Kitchen, but I doubt I'll sign up for a subscription right now. Hopefully they will add more offerings (Kitchen) soon.
aka britishdetectives.tumblr.com
dcfoylefan

Postby jewell » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:05 pm

dcfoylefan wrote:I'll dig around a bit more this weekend, to see if it has more Kitchen, but I doubt I'll sign up for a subscription right now. Hopefully they will add more offerings (Kitchen) soon.

Sure glad you have your priorities in order!

Enjoy!

J
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby Englishfan » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:56 pm

I went to the site and decided to wait for word of more Michael Kitchen movies before I register.

Thank-you for sharing this info, since shows there are a few Michael Kitchen shows I haven't seen and they may be there eventually.

Wonder how we can ask for certain shows to be added!

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby amiga » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:19 pm

I checked it out and don't really see anything new on there that Acorn, Netflix or Amazon doesn't have. I have a VPN so I watch BBC and ITV all the time. I have most of the Kitchens so I was hoping there would be more recent programming.

Let us know, DCFF, if you find anything interesting.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Lynette » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:19 am

Given that Acorn Media purchased the rights to FW several years ago, I can't imagine them letting Britbox air it. They'd be giving one of their more popular (and exclusive) offerings to a competitor.
Lynette

Postby Lynnedean » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:21 pm

dcfoylefan wrote:I signed up for the seven day trial. It has Kitchen being handsome in Boon. The quality of the print is better than the pathetic copy we pass around the fandom, but not by much.

The Boon episode Shot in the Dark is in the 7th series. It was released on DVD a while back and is available from Amazon. Note that it's Region 2 only.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Return to Watching, Reading, Listening, Creating