My 2 favourite detectives

What you are watching, reading, listening to or creating when MK's not on the telly.

My 2 favourite detectives

Postby daniellesa » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:12 pm

I've just been reading the Brother Cadfael chronicles again, when looking the series up on wikipedia, I discovered that Michael Kitchen narrated Dead Man's Ransom in 1995.

It would be so nice to hear that audio of the novel, as Foyle and Cadfael are my two favourite detectives.
daniellesa

Re: My 2 favourite detectives

Postby hazeleyes57 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:48 pm

daniellesa wrote:I've just been reading the Brother Cadfael chronicles again, when looking the series up on wikipedia, I discovered that Michael Kitchen narrated Dead Man's Ransom in 1995.

It would be so nice to hear that audio of the novel, as Foyle and Cadfael are my two favourite detectives.

Me too, I think they are both great. I can read the Cadfael Chronicles over and over. There's a wonderful book called 'Brother Cadfael's Book of Days' and it's a daily nugget of spiritual or material wisdom gleaned from the original books. Very readable!
hazeleyes57

Location: Colchester, England, home of the Iceni, Boudicca and jolly nice cake shops

Postby Lynnedean » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:56 pm

daniellesa wrote:I've just been reading the Brother Cadfael chronicles again, when looking the series up on wikipedia, I discovered that Michael Kitchen narrated Dead Man's Ransom in 1995.

It's not an audio book, Danielle; it's a dramatisation done for BBC Radio (Philip Madoc plays Cadfael). Mr K's narration gives background information and links the scenes; most of the recording is the drama. The audio cassette is available from Amazon UK; at the moment, a used but good copy can be obtained at a very low price. Here's the Amazon listing - on the page you can listen to a clip from the recording, and it begins with one of Mr K's bits of narration ... Amazon UK: Dead Man's Ransom audio cassette

A list of Mr K's radio recordings is on this board ... Michael Kitchen Forum: Voice sub-forum: Topic - radio recordings

There is also a list of audio books ... Michael Kitchen Forum: Voice sub-forum: Topic - audio books
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby daniellesa » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:31 am

Sorry, I meant dramatization.

I wonder if the BBC would replay it one day, they have done so with some Cadfael's, which I much enjoyed, but I must have missed this one when they last did so.
daniellesa

Postby starlight » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:39 pm

daniellesa wrote:Sorry, I meant dramatization.

I wonder if the BBC would replay it one day, they have done so with some Cadfael's, which I much enjoyed, but I must have missed this one when they last did so.

It's currently free to download with a trial of Audible :pleased: :
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brother-Cadfae ... B00550IMF0
or
https://www.amazon.com/Brother-Cadfael- ... B0054RZ1SA
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Return to Watching, Reading, Listening, Creating