Longmire

What you are watching, reading, listening to or creating when MK's not on the telly.

Re: Longmire

Postby cmee57 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:53 pm

I confess I binge watched season 5 of Longmire. Greedy of me, I know but I just couldn't help myself. :obsessed: Robert Taylor, the Australian actor who plays Sheriff Walt Longmire is a fine looking man and a great actor. He does Walt's American accent very well IMHO.

Wish Netflix UK was showing it. I think a lot of FW fans would love it. :thumbsup:

Also, I highly recommend Craig Johnson's Longmire mysteries. :thumbsup:
"Special! And it's my word, anyway. I'm perfectly entitled to use it, so do bugger off. I'm sticking with it! Thank you!" - Alibi
cmee57

Postby hazeleyes57 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:34 pm

cmee57 wrote:I confess I binge watched season 5 of Longmire. Greedy of me, I know but I just couldn't help myself. :obsessed: Robert Taylor, the Australian actor who plays Sheriff Walt Longmire is a fine looking man and a great actor. He does Walt's American accent very well IMHO.

Wish Netflix UK was showing it. I think a lot of FW fans would love it. :thumbsup:

Also, I highly recommend Craig Johnson's Longmire mysteries. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to season 5 next month, and Craig Johnson's latest book arrived on my doorstep on Thursday. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I've finished already (sadly!!), I really ought to try to read a little more slowly...now I have to wait for the next one :waiting: :obsessed: :toetap:
hazeleyes57

Location: Colchester, England, home of the Iceni, Boudicca and jolly nice cake shops

Postby Samfan » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:55 pm

I just watched the first three eps of season five last night and this morning. Enjoying it very much. I like Robert Taylor as Walt, and I wish Ferg would get more of a prominent storyline (looking ahead at the little 'summaries' of each ep on Netflix, it looks like he might...). Hard to tell who's the good guys with the Nighthorse-Malachi-Mathias storyline.

Looks like Longmire's been renewed for a 6th and final season by Netflix.

http://deadline.com/2016/11/longmire-renewed-season-6-final-season-netflix-1201846759/

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby Samfan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:58 pm

I got my mother hooked on the Longmire Netflix series, and we watched all six seasons this winter. I sort of miss it now that it is all over, but I was also sort of sick of it. The first few seasons, I think, were better than the last four. I liked it when there was just a murder to solve every episode, and it didn't get bogged down in the various ongoing storylines (although it was interesting learning about the characters' pasts). That final episode-it was like they were trying to very quickly wrap everything up.

I've also restarted the first book in the series, The Cold Dish, and I'm trying to like it. Just so different from the TV/Netflix series.
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Previous

Return to Watching, Reading, Listening, Creating