Downton Abbey

What you are watching, reading, listening to or creating when MK's not on the telly.

Re: Downton Abbey

Postby Sunshine » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:26 pm

Has anyone seen the movie? Thoughts?
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby amiga » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:11 pm

I've seen it and really liked it. Totally unrealistic storyline, but it didn't matter to me. Was just fun seeing everyone and everything on the big screen. The opening long shot of the house gave me chills. Just a movie to enjoy. Not one to nit pick on whether this would happen or not happen. Just fun.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Wolesley » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:44 pm

I enjoyed it, mostly, as Amiga said, to see all the actors in their roles - what a great nest egg for those starting out or near retirement. :biggrin:
You could at times feel that a scene was stretched out, or the beautiful scenery dwelt on a bit longer than needed, but who could object!
Glad Barrow found a friend (and a club to seek out, although perhaps he was too scared by the cops showing up to ever go again), and fun to see Sam's 'first husband' Max Brown on the big screen.
I got the sense that Maggie Smith was being allowed to say good-bye to the viewing world, with several close-ups towards the end - I was waiting for her to break the fourth wall, or wink at us. :pleased:
Everyone looked splendid and acted their hearts out!

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Previous

Return to Watching, Reading, Listening, Creating