Grantchester

What you are watching, reading, listening to or creating when MK's not on the telly.

Grantchester

Postby Rhonllor » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:31 pm

I just started watching this show when I noticed it on PBS. After two episodes I'm thinking it's pretty good. Anyone else watch?
Rhonllor

Re: Grantchester

Postby HarperCurls » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:22 pm

Indeed, and very watchable it is too. There are some great characters and an on-going storyline behind every standalone episode. I'd not noticed James Norton before but he shines in this. And Robson Green gives his usual expressive performance. Series 2 due here next year.

Maggie
"... you'll want to help Samantha butter those scones."
HarperCurls

Postby Rhonllor » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:28 pm

Amanda isn't really going to ask Sidney to officiate her wedding, is she? No don't tell me!
Rhonllor

Postby kitchenwonder » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:16 pm

I watched the first season on PBS, and am looking forward to the new episodes. I like both James Norton and Robson Green. I was interested in how they "clicked" when they began this series.

This was my introduction to Robson Green. I like him so much better in this than in Reckless. I guess you could say that I am consistent in that I like older men. I feel the same way about MK, although I have developed an appreciation for his younger roles. I just never noticed him until Foyle's War. (Now I am obsessed! :obsessed: )

I know that ITV renewed Grantchester for a second season. I wonder when it will air in the States...hopefully on PBS. Has anyone heard? Probably in 2016, but when? :puzzled:
"Well...The Foyles, you know, always have been hard to resist." (Enemy Fire S3E2)
"If Michael Kitchen played a corpse, you would still watch him more than anyone else." (Jaci Stephen, The Mail, November 3, 2002)
kitchenwonder

Postby Wolesley » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:12 am

Just watched S.2 E.2, in which there are Soviet spies and moles. Appropriately they cast Tim McMullan as a British Agent in deep cover as a Cambridge professor (or rather a Professor who also happens to be a spy). But did they go too far in giving the 'dead body' the name Valentine Lyall? McMullan's character referring to 'Valentine' was rather amusing. :biggrin:

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby amiga » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:31 pm

I thought that was pretty funny, too, Lesley.

If I had a vicar that looked like that, I suspect I would become a religious fanatic.....just sayin' :lol:

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Diane » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:20 pm

amiga wrote:I thought that was pretty funny, too, Lesley.

If I had a vicar that looked like that, I suspect I would become a religious fanatic.....just sayin' :lol:

Amiga

He is so cute. And he plays a very bad boy in Happy Valley (I think that's the name of the show). Can't think of her name right now (she's great, so it's not due to her that I can't think of her name; it's my short term memory). Anyway, he is in season one and two. Hard to believe he could be so bad; but I guess that's why they call it "acting".
Diane
Diane

Location: Divided time between California and Texas. Right now, California.

Postby Sunshine » Thu May 12, 2016 8:20 pm

A nice article about the show, and guess which program they compare it to? :foyle5:

http://americamagazine.org/content/all- ... antchester
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby Sunshine » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:19 pm

Anyone who's been watching Series 4: How was James Norton's departure aired in the UK - one episode or two?

Last night, it looked like a mashup on Masterpiece. :foyle3:

Sunshine

Postby amiga » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:40 pm

I thought it was pretty bad. I was confused by them combining both episodes. Thought I had fallen asleep somewhere and missed something. The reason for his departure was so unrealistic. I was getting tired of him anyway.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Sunshine » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:44 pm

Does anyone else think the set of the police department in Grantchester is the same interior set that was used as the Hastings police department in "Foyle's War?" Watching last night on PBS, I thought how very similar they looked..... :foylekiss:

Sunshine

Return to Watching, Reading, Listening, Creating