Armand Gamache novels

What you are watching, reading, listening to or creating when MK's not on the telly.

Re: Armand Gamache novels

Postby Sunshine » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:13 pm

Wolesley wrote:That sounds perfect, Samfan!
Penny’s food descriptions are such a treat. Whenever she is asked if she’s a good cook she always replies, "No, I’m a great eater!" :biggrin:

Lesley

That sounds like something Sam might say! :lol: :samkiss:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby Samfan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:49 pm

I just finished How the Light Gets In. Like Robert Goddard, Penny makes fiction so real. I was almost ready to look up the "famous people', when I saw the author's note at the end.

Also--you know you've been reading to many Gamache mysteries when you cringe whenever someone says they are 'fine' (including when you use the word yourself).

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby Wolesley » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:37 am

Yes, I feel the same way about 'fine!' :D Can’t wait for the next book, Kingdom of the Blind, due out in November!

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby Samfan » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:54 pm

I have a trial subscription to Acorn TV, and I watched the movie adaptation of Still Life this afternoon. Kitchentease was right. Glad I read the book first, as it was much better. I like Nathaniel Parker, but I was just rather confused through the whole movie. It was like they were all in a hurry. And I didn't like the way they depicted Jane's living room.
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby Samfan » Fri May 24, 2019 12:07 pm

You Know you've been reading too many Armand Gamache novels when you pull out of your driveway and see this across the street and think, "THREE PINES!" (Even though they’re not pines).
Attachments
Three-Pines_opt.jpg
Three-Pines_opt.jpg (14.13 KiB) Viewed 77 times
Samfan

Postby Wolesley » Sat May 25, 2019 5:19 am

Of course! :biggrin:
I actually sent away for the pins with three pine trees! Quite nice, I gave one each to my two sisters.

Have you seen this new (I think) website where Louise Penny offers annotations about her writing process for each book?!
http://www.gamacheseries.com/the-annota ... Et-XoQiQLE

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Previous

Return to Watching, Reading, Listening, Creating