BBC radio dramas on YouTube

What you are watching, reading, listening to or creating when MK's not on the telly.

BBC radio dramas on YouTube

Postby Lynnedean » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:11 pm

I am one of those who prefer to listen to radio plays than to watch television productions, and insist that the pictures are better on what we Ancients may still refer to as 'the wireless'. If you, too, enjoy radio plays, enter "BBC Radio Drama" in the YouTube search box, and you will find many listed there in the categories of mystery, crime, sci-fi and horror.

Sherlock Holmes devotees will find the complete collection of Holmes dramatisations starring Clive Merrison and Michael Williams, who recorded radio adaptations of every story in the canon between 1989 and 1998, and were the best radio portrayals of Mr H and Dr W by far ... The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes

A particular play in the horror category that I would recommend is one of the most superbly written, produced and acted dramas that I have ever heard. Note that the title is a touch misleading, as the "exorcism" is not what would immediately come to mind ... The Exorcism: a Christmas Ghost Story

Enjoy!
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Re: BBC radio dramas on YouTube

Postby Wolesley » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:24 pm

Thanks, Lynne! I will have a listen.
I’m really enjoying my audiobooks while doing meal prep, other such tasks, and when on a longish skytrain ride. Radio plays have the extra elements of larger casts, musical scores, and sound effects. And there is a whole different brain function required for sustained listening, isn’t there.
:wink:
Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Re: BBC radio dramas on YouTube

Postby kitchentease » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:44 am

Thanks so much for sharing, Lynne. Listening is proving to be a lifesaver as my vision deteriorates.
But, what does the brain matter....compared to the heart?
kitchentease

Return to Watching, Reading, Listening, Creating