John Lloyd Fillingham

John Lloyd Fillingham

Postby Wolesley » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:43 am

JLF played Johnny Bridges, the singing, dancing, injured airman in the burn unit hospital in the episode Enemy Fire. He was a memorable and likable character, and very well acted.

In looking up the actor on IMDB, I discovered he was also in Always & Everyone, series 3 and 4. I was tickled to learn that he played the character Steve, who attacks Jack Turner. In series 3 episode 7, he is the bloke that takes a swing at the doctor (played by MK) and knocks him to the floor. Very dramatic scene!

Seems JLF is also a short film maker - there are several on YT posted by him, though they are a bit avant garde for me. Interesting, but cryptic.
:foyle4:

Lesley

ETA he was also in an episode of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, S.1.12, "Murder in the Dark," where he played a mentally challenged adult. Another great performance.
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Re: John Lloyd Fillingham

Postby amiga » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:02 am

"In looking up the actor on IMDB, I discovered he was also in Always & Everyone, series 3 and 4. I was tickled to learn that he played the character Steve, who attacks Jack Turner. In series 3 episode 7, he is the bloke that takes a swing at the doctor (played by MK) and knocks him to the floor. Very dramatic scene!"

Best part was when Christine took Jack into a room to patch him up and gave him what was one of his better on-screen kisses. :pleased:

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Sunshine » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:45 pm

I loved the Johnny Bridges subplot in "Enemy Fire." (I always wondered whether the hospital scene could have been a potential spinoff show; the characters were so interesting. Ah, well...... :noidea: )
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby Wolesley » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:10 pm

Yes, I loved the banter between him and the Matron - such depth of feeling for each other under the teasing. It would have made a great standalone drama!

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby starlight » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:53 pm

Just now enjoying JLF in Enemy Fire. He gave an unforgettable performance. :pleased:
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Return to Guest Villains and Guest Stars