Ellie Haddington

Ellie Haddington

Postby Wolesley » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:41 am

Caught up on some of my PVR'd PBS Masterpiece series on the weekend, and while watching the new version of The Mystery of Edwin Drood, I was surprised to see Ms. Haddington in the role of a sort of gypsy fallen woman - all grimy cleavage, bad teeth and tumbling matted hair. She did it well! Such a change from Hilda Pierce!

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Re: Ellie Haddington

Postby kitchentease » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:00 pm

I'm sure the link to this interview with AH is posted elsewhere on the forum but just wanted to share it again because of what AH says about Ellie Haddington in it. http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-03-24/anthony-horowitz-why-this-series-of-foyles-war-will-be-my-last He calls her "our very own Judi Dench", a gracious and well-deserved compliment. (So glad that he was wrong about Series 7 being his last too!) Although HW deserves an Emmy nomination for Foyle's War in its entirety, EH would be my pick for best supporting actor in the final episode.
But, what does the brain matter....compared to the heart?
kitchentease

Postby amiga » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:21 am

She would be my pick, too. Terrific performance throughout the series. Perfect match to Foyle's intelligence.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby ayresorchids » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:27 am

DH and I have been greatly enjoying a quirky, very sweet little sitcom offering on Hulu called "The Cafe," featuring Ellie Haddington in a role very different from Hilda, and Michelle Terry, the droll June Watson, and FW alum David Troughton. Actor Ralf Little also wrote several episodes.

It is filmed on location in Weston-super-Mare, which turns out to be quite near a dear friend of mine in Somerset. Apparently the show only lasted a couple of seasons, but it is whimsical and engaging. Highly recommend it. :thumbsup:
...And I do hope that you find somebody who deserves you.
ayresorchids

Return to Guest Villains and Guest Stars