All in the family: the Brookes

All in the family: the Brookes

Postby starlight » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:06 pm

It's one of those instantly recognisable faces from film and tv.
How many of us could name him? I couldn't, but having looked him up, it's Paul Brooke (possessed of a distinctive squint because of his glass eye). We know him as the hen-pecked husband of Margaret Ellis (Maggie Steed) from The White Feather.

Fast forward to The Russian House, and here's a young chap who means business :biggrin: :

It's Tom Brooke, Paul's son. And he's playing the disgruntled soldier-back-from-war Tom Bradley, who's name is in the frame for murdering Sir Leonard Spencer-Jones.

Two Foyle's War generations. Brooke and Son :pleased:
ImageImage
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Re: All in the family: the Brookes

Postby Lynnedean » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:51 pm

Interesting post, Starlight. :smile:

I'm sure we're all aware of it, but just thought I'd mention that there's also a Fox family connection in FW - Edward Fox, who played AC Summers in S1 E1: The German Woman, and Laurence Fox, who played Simon Walker in S2 E3: War Games, are uncle and nephew. All through FW, I was expecting Laurence's father James Fox to turn up in one of the eps (as he did in Lewis - fun then to see father and son in the same scene).

Incidentally, I'm puzzled about a word that appears at the foot of your post - Imagelmage. Presumably, it's to do with the insertion of the images, but it doesn't appear in the image codes in your text when "quote" is used to reply, I can't find it in the detail when viewing the image info in my browser, and the word is blocked from being highlighted and copied in your text as posted (I tried that to see if I could find out what it was). Any idea as to what it refers and why it appears in the post? Just curious. (Curious is my middle name. :-? )
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby starlight » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:39 pm

Lynnedean wrote:Incidentally, I'm puzzled about a word that appears at the foot of your post - Imagelmage. Presumably, it's to do with the insertion of the images, but it doesn't appear in the image codes in your text when "quote" is used to reply, I can't find it in the detail when viewing the image info in my browser, and the word is blocked from being highlighted and copied in your text as posted (I tried that to see if I could find out what it was). Any idea as to what it refers and why it appears in the post? Just curious. (Curious is my middle name. :-? )

The post ends with two images. I think they just haven't rendered for you, Lynne. They do for me.

Let me have another go, from a different source:
is that better?
starlight

Postby Lynnedean » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:09 pm

starlight wrote:The post ends with two images. I think they just haven't rendered for you, Lynne. They do for me.

Let me have another go, from a different source: [...] is that better?

I'm now getting the two images, Starlight, but there's still something strange happening. When I tried to reply to your post via the "quote" option, I found that I could delete parts of the text that I didn't wish to include in the reply, but I couldn't add any text; the cursor wouldn't appear in the box. I've had to use the "post a reply" option and manually enter the text of your post that I wished to include. Curiouser and curiouser, as Alice said.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby starlight » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:14 pm

Lynnedean wrote:
starlight wrote:The post ends with two images. I think they just haven't rendered for you, Lynne. They do for me.

Let me have another go, from a different source: [...] is that better?

I'm now getting the two images, Starlight, but there's still something strange happening. When I tried to reply to your post via the "quote" option, I found that I could delete parts of the text that I didn't wish to include in the reply, but I couldn't add any text; the cursor wouldn't appear in the box. I've had to use the "post a reply" option and manually enter the text of your post that I wished to include. Curiouser and curiouser, as Alice said.

"HaveYouTriedSwitchingItOffAndOnAgain?" :lol: :computerwars:
starlight

Postby Lynnedean » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:07 pm

starlight wrote:"HaveYouTriedSwitchingItOffAndOnAgain?" :lol: :computerwars:

The way things are going with me right now, I'm on the point of trying to switch myself off and on again!
Lynnedean

Return to Guest Villains and Guest Stars