Kirsty Besterman (Caroline Devereaux)

Kirsty Besterman (Caroline Devereaux)

Postby Wolesley » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:33 am

Just watching the new episode of Father Brown, "The Paradise of Thieves," and there she is, as a redhead. Kirsty doesn't do a lot of telly, according to IMDB.

Lesley

ETA: Oh, and the plot involves a secret son of Kirsty's father, the bank manager, conceived during his leave from the Great War!
Good god, they've just used the line, "He deserves to be punished." Spoken by the secret son, too.
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Re: Kirsty Besterman (Caroline Devereaux)

Postby starlight » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:19 am

Wolesley wrote:ETA: Oh, and the plot involves a secret son of Kirsty's father, the bank manager, conceived during his leave from the Great War!
Good god, they've just used the line, "He deserves to be punished." Spoken by the secret son, too.

And has Father Brown got a confession of his own to make, by any chance? :wink:
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby Wolesley » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:43 pm

Well, we can hope it might come out in a later episode. :whistling:

This sort of "recycling" of a plot, to put it kindly (others would call it plagiarism), along with actual dialogue from the script, can't be coincidental, can it. Especially when the actor from that story is cast in the recycled new product.
Certainly typecasting happens to actors, but is it usual to take dialogue from their previous production and put it in the mouths of other actors? A very suspect practice. Can't imagine that Horowitz would be pleased.

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby Lynnedean » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:05 pm

Wolesley wrote:This sort of "recycling" of a plot, to put it kindly (others would call it plagiarism), along with actual dialogue from the script, can't be coincidental, can it.

I remember being astonished many moons ago when watching an episode of the Western series The Virginian. Wondering how on earth I knew exactly what was coming next all the time, I suddenly realised that the whole plot was identical to that of an episode of another well-known Western series that I'd seen only a few days before (can't for the life of me remember which series it was; there were many around in those good ol' days); only the blinkin' names had been changed!
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby Sunshine » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:25 pm

Considering that one estimation had roughly two dozen Western series on US television between the late 1950s and early 1960s, that's not too surprising! :|
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Return to Guest Villains and Guest Stars