HW in Lewis

HW in Lewis

Postby Janewilts » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:07 am

Anyone watching the new Lewis? HW is in it as the troubled sister of the first murder victim. She even has a sex scene! Stephen Boxer is also in it playing a lecturer, Wouter Eisier. He was HW's boss, professor Fraser, in The Eternity Ring.
Janewilts

Re: HW in Lewis

Postby Lynette » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:13 pm

I'm eagerly awaiting the new Lewis when it reaches American shores. I'll be looking out for Ms. Weeks.
Lynette

Postby BookwormKate » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:04 pm

Yes, just caught up this weekend! Such a surprise to see HW ... and in modern clothing! :biggrin: I'm enjoying the new episodes so far.
"You could do with a good chat then..."
BookwormKate

Postby Anglophile » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:11 pm

Yes! My Sky box ate both parts of the first episode, but mercifully the episode with HW was spared. Such fun to watch her in such a different role...and with a boyfriend named Sam. :lol:

In tonight's episode, the evil Jane Milner made an appearance! Along with actress Zoe Tapper - Susan Davies from Invasion.

It really might be time for England to train up some new actors and actresses.
"Why have you brought us to shelter in the fuel dump, Andrew?"
Anglophile

Postby Wolesley » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:47 pm

Saw this last night, at last!
HW did a fine job as the very troubled sister, and her worrisome weight loss over recent years actually suited the role very well.
She looked good in the exercise clothes, trim but not emaciated. That being said, I do wish she'd put on some weight. She looked too old for the blonde kid that played her 'boyfriend.' Her pretty face needs more flesh on it. JMHO :samkiss:

Funny to see 'Professor Fraser' in the same episode. I don't think the two characters actually spoke to each other, though. He had one scene carrying a mug of tea (or coffee) out into the quadrangle, rather than a radioactive thermos bottle. :biggrin:

I suspect PBS did their usual slashing job to make the episode runtime shorter, as we only got to see HW washing down the rowing scull, but not the scene of her rowing, which was shown in the promo ads. And the "sex scene" only went as far as climbing onto the bed. Was there more to it? Wonder what else we didn't get to see.

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby Lynette » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:23 am

I've ordered the DVDs, Lesley, which should be here in a couple of days. I'll let you know what you missed re those scenes.
Lynette

Return to Honeysuckle Weeks, Anthony Howell, Julian Ovenden