Anthony Howell Sighting

Anthony Howell Sighting

Postby annebronterocks » Fri May 15, 2015 1:46 am

A few months ago, PBS aired a series called "Shakespeare Uncovered," with different actors going through various plays and showing clips of lots of different interpretations of the material through the years. Howell makes an appearance in the episode featuring "Taming of the Shrew," doing Petruchio in a sort of a workshop setting. He's awesome as Petruchio. :cloud9:
annebronterocks

Re: Anthony Howell Sighting

Postby HarrietVane » Fri May 15, 2015 2:16 am

annebronterocks wrote:A few months ago, PBS aired a series called "Shakespeare Uncovered," with different actors going through various plays and showing clips of lots of different interpretations of the material through the years. Howell makes an appearance in the episode featuring "Taming of the Shrew," doing Petruchio in a sort of a workshop setting. He's awesome as Petruchio. :cloud9:

Oooh, excellent! I'll have to seek that out. Thanks for the heads-up! :samkiss:
HarrietVane

Postby HarrietVane » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:40 pm

Found this on the PBS website. AH is looking very fine, and clearly he and Eleanor Matsuura are having a good time trying different interpretations of the scenes.

http://video.pbs.org/video/2365412847/
HarrietVane

Postby kitchenwonder » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:36 am

I had not watched this before. It was very enjoyable. I wouldn't have recognized Anthony Howell. He would have seemed familiar, but... :noidea:
"Well...The Foyles, you know, always have been hard to resist." (Enemy Fire S3E2)
"If Michael Kitchen played a corpse, you would still watch him more than anyone else." (Jaci Stephen, The Mail, November 3, 2002)
kitchenwonder

Return to Honeysuckle Weeks, Anthony Howell, Julian Ovenden