AH tweets about new FW

AH tweets about new FW

Postby Samfan » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:27 pm

@AnthonyHorowitz: Foyle today. An oil magnate, a German translator, spies and Russians - all in the blazing Greek sun. Me not them.

:thumbsup:

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Re: AH tweets about new FW

Postby bee » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:35 am

Thanks! :thumbsup:

And here is more:

Howard ‏@Howard54473790
@AnthonyHorowitz Can I ask please how many episodes of Foyle have been agreed to for the next series. Are you writing all of them?

Anthony Horowitz ‏@AnthonyHorowitz
@Howard54473790 Three episodes. I'm writing two.

Sue ‏@suejcross
@AnthonyHorowitz hopefully a woman for Foyle?

Anthony Horowitz‏@AnthonyHorowitz
@suejcross It's possible.

I had hoped for more episodes of course, but if it is three episodes a year from now on, I can live with that :wink:

A (potential) visit to Hastings and a (potential) woman for Foyle, sounds good! :thumbsup:
There is no one else...
bee

Postby hazeleyes57 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:48 am

bee wrote:Thanks! :thumbsup:

Sue ‏@suejcross
@AnthonyHorowitz hopefully a woman for Foyle?

Anthony Horowitz‏@AnthonyHorowitz
@suejcross It's possible.

A (potential) visit to Hastings and a (potential) woman for Foyle, sounds good! :thumbsup:

I should not get your hopes up if Michael has anything to say about it. :lol:
hazeleyes57

Location: Colchester, England, home of the Iceni, Boudicca and jolly nice cake shops

Postby Wolesley » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:27 am

You're probably right, H! :foyle3:

If they are continuing with the MI5 stuff, not likely to include romance. But I am thrilled there will be more episodes.
I think this whole FW series, when it does end, is something that will be looked back on as one of the highest quality productions in television history, and it will just get more and more acclaim as time goes on.

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby Samfan » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:52 pm

Here's another Tweet from AH:

@AnthonyHorowitz: Finished Act Four of Foyle's War last night. Three more to go. Wish there were fewer advertisements!

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby Englishfan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:57 pm

Samfan wrote:Here's another Tweet from AH:

@AnthonyHorowitz: Finished Act Four of Foyle's War last night. Three more to go. Wish there were fewer advertisements!

Samfan

Good news, Samfan!

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby Wolesley » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:01 am

What does he mean about the advertisements? That he needs more airtime to fit in the whole story? Then he should get it, ITV!!!

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby Samfan » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:27 pm

Less Advertisements = More FW= Good Deal!! :thumbsup:

We wish!! An "advertisement free" FW season!! Wouldn't that be nice..... :cloud9:

Samfan
Samfan

Postby Samfan » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:59 pm

AH tweeted this:

@AnthonyHorowitz: Finished Foyles War (1) today. So as a treat I've gone to Rhodes.

In answer to a tweeted question about when filming might begin, he tweeted that it would begin in February.

:woohoo:

Samfan
Samfan

Postby Wolesley » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:45 pm

Ooh, Dublin in February? Brrrr! HW will need her warm leggings again. :rofl: :samkiss:

But, Yay to the filming!

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby amiga » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:10 pm

Yeah to being finished, yeah to filming in Feb.; however, 4 mos. to film, 4 mos. to air in the UK. If we are lucky in the US, it will get on the Masterpiece Mystery schedule the end of Sept. 2014! :sad: :-x

If there is a woman for CF, it will be worth the wait, but I'm not holding my breath if MK has anything to say about it.....and he does!

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Samfan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:36 pm

More from AH:

@AnthonyHorowitz: Foyles War 3 - story delivered. Today I am writing Sherlock Holmes.

and some questions and replies:

@suejcross: @AnthonyHorowitz have you got some love interest in this for Foyle? Also did you write Andrew back in to cause Sam problems?

@AnthonyHorowitz: @suejcross Yes and no - in that order.

Too bad about Andrew...but a love interest for Foyle!! :D

Samfan
Samfan

Postby Lynnedean » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:31 pm

I'm probably the only member of this board who thinks the introduction of a love interest for Foyle is not a good idea. Yes, that's what I said - I'd rather it wasn't going to happen. If one is to appear, I do hope it is to be a passing one, Barbara Hicks style, as the wistful solitariness of Foyle is an essential part of the character.

A romantic involvement with the potential for development has always been ruled out in the past. Occurs to me that the introduction of it at this stage may be an indication that the new series is to be the last. Just a thought ... :cool:
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby hazeleyes57 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:17 pm

I agree with Lynnedean.

As I said on June 27th - I shouldn't get your hopes up unless MK has given the go-ahead to a romance of any variety. MK may be known for gently but firmly putting his foot down about scenes in the show, but only he can play Foyle...IMHO
hazeleyes57

Location: Colchester, England, home of the Iceni, Boudicca and jolly nice cake shops

Postby Englishfan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:18 pm

Love interest?! :thumbsup: For sure he meant a love interest with a woman and not a distraction of affection for a cocker spaniel puppy, right?

Does anyone follow Barbara Hicks to see what she's doing in February?

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby Samfan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:33 pm

Lynnedean wrote:A romantic involvement with the potential for development has always been ruled out in the past. Occurs to me that the introduction of it at this stage may be an indication that the new series is to be the last. Just a thought ... :cool:

Oh dear, never thought of that. I hope not :sad: .

Wait and see, I guess :toetap: :waiting:

Samfan
Samfan

Postby jewell » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:42 pm

IMO any love interest will be a Barbara Hicks style, one episode and she's gone and forgotten type love interest.

I also think that as long as ITV is getting the audience and Michael Kitchen is willing, there will be more Foyle. (but maybe that's whistling in the dark)

Intriguing nevertheless.

Jewell
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby hazeleyes57 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:48 pm

Samfan wrote:
Lynnedean wrote:A romantic involvement with the potential for development has always been ruled out in the past. Occurs to me that the introduction of it at this stage may be an indication that the new series is to be the last. Just a thought ... :cool:

Oh dear, never thought of that. I hope not :sad: .

Wait and see, I guess :toetap: :waiting:

Samfan

Yep, I reckon the last ever episode will have Andrew back, Sam pregnant and Foyle with a love interest - hang about, no, no, no, wait, aaaargh! :shock:
hazeleyes57

Postby Wolesley » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:55 pm

Right, Foyle falls for a Soviet lady spy and defects to the USSR. End of Series. :rofl: :shock:

Just kiddin'! :foyle3:

But I wouldn't be surprised if this WAS the end of the series. After making that 'FW theme on guitar' video, Mr. K is clearly revving up his music career, instead. :wink:

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby amiga » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:46 pm

jewell wrote:IMO any love interest will be a Barbara Hicks style, one episode and she's gone and forgotten type love interest.

I also think that as long as ITV is getting the audience and Michael Kitchen is willing, there will be more Foyle. (but maybe that's whistling in the dark)

Intriguing nevertheless.

Jewell

I agree, Jewell. I think the word "interest" is just what it will be. Barbara Hicks would be easy as he knows her. Maybe they meet, have dinner, not the right time for either of them, etc. Don't think MK would agree to any more than that. Since they never seem to know if there will be more episodes, I doubt if they would make it an important interest that would have to be followed through in the, hopefully, next series.

I would very much like to see something of this nature. As I've said before, I think something is missing without Andrew. There was just nothing to soften up CF in the last series. I always loved his scenes with Andrew, the old Sam, the meeting with Barbara Hicks, playing chess, drinking with the American, fishing, etc. Just something to show another dimension to CF.

I also agree that if ITV is willing, there will be more Foyle. AH's ego can't resist; and as far as we know, MK is not doing anything else!

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Next

Return to Anthony Horowitz