AH tweets about new FW

Re: AH tweets about new FW

Postby amiga » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:58 pm

Wolesley wrote:Right, Foyle falls for a Soviet lady spy and defects to the USSR. End of Series. :rofl: :shock:

Just kiddin'! :foyle3:

But I wouldn't be surprised if this WAS the end of the series. After making that 'FW theme on guitar' video, Mr. K is clearly revving up his music career, instead. :wink:

Lesley

I actually think that would be a great ending to the series. Millions of people collectively yelling, WHAT!, at the same time......and fade to black :rofl:

He's probably on tour with some rock band now. Pictures just haven't surfaced yet. He's practicing for a full concert YouTube video. Yep, another fantasy that will never come true! :sad:

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Englishfan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:46 pm

It appears that there will be a FW for sure, starting in February. Correct?

How many months would this series most likely take to complete?

We are going to be in Ireland, most likely, in the early spring. How would I eventually find the filming schedule?

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby Wolesley » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:02 am

Amiga: :rofl:
And Sam's name is really Natasha - she's been in deep cover since '39!

Okay, I'll stop now. :foyle4:

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby Wolesley » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:07 am

Englishfan wrote:It appears that there will be a FW for sure, starting in February. Correct?
How many months would this series most likely take to complete?

Yes, it appears everyone has agreed to this, according to Horowitz. He's just handed in the script for the third episode of the new series.
I think I've read that each episode takes about 5 weeks to film, but I could be wrong.

Lesley (trying to be serious, and a good girl)
Wolesley

Postby amiga » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:13 am

Wolesley wrote:Amiga: :rofl:
And Sam's name is really Natasha - she's been in deep cover since '39!

Okay, I'll stop now. :foyle4:

Lesley

I think this calls for a fanfiction episode! Start writing Lesley!

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Wolesley » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:23 am

No way! I'm not going there! (...But I think you'll like my 1946 story. It's quite long, and I'm almost finished writing it!)

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby Englishfan » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:34 am

Wolesley wrote:Lesley (trying to be serious, and a good girl)

that is a huge help and you were a very good girl! :thumbsup: and there are 3 shows or 4 in the new series?

I think it's a toss up as to whether we'll be there when they are shooting.

Are they doing any filming in Hastings?!

I guess I could tweet AH. I'll wait until it's closer to the time...and when I learn to tweet! :puzzled:

I would like to be there to see how it will all wrap: Sam is really Natasha or Christopher Foyle morphs into a future Beetle on that guitar. It could happen. :waiting:

We need a smiley with a guitar.

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby Samfan » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:43 pm

Explanation about why no Andrew:

@always_southern: @AnthonyHorowitz Re:Foyle's love interest - Hooray. Andrew not in story - frownie face. Andrew never back in story????

@AnthonyHorowitz: @always_southern Sadly, the actor is not available and I don't think we can recast.

Busy guy, that JO. Good for him, but I'd still like to see Andrew. :foyle3:

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby bubbe » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:38 pm

Wolesley wrote:And Sam's name is really Natasha - she's been in deep cover since '39!

Or to give it a real interesting twist that CF's real name is Natasha,etc :foyle5: :foyle5:
Be well. Bubbe
Well,um,he's...he's an American
bubbe

Postby Wolesley » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:58 am

It would leave an emptiness if they finish the entire series without an appearance, or at least a satisfying reference, to Andrew. Maybe a VoiceOver?
JO owes them that - they let him sit in a Spitfire, for Pete's sake!!! :foyle4:

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby amiga » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:14 am

Wolesley wrote:It would leave an emptiness if they finish the entire series without an appearance, or at least a satisfying reference, to Andrew. Maybe a VoiceOver?
JO owes them that - they let him sit in a Spitfire, for Pete's sake!!! :foyle4:

Lesley

It really annoyed me in the last series that Andrew wasn't even mentioned. I think his name could have come up and CF could have just said he was off doing something somewhere. Could have made a quick appearance....dinner with old Dad in London. Voice over would be OK.....telephone call to dear old lonely Dad. Oh, wait, Dad might not be so lonely anymore! One sided phone call to Andrew telling him about the new love in his life. Andrew always wanted him to date! No, well then just a picture of Andrew on CF's desk. Something!!

Amiga
amiga

Postby Samfan » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:11 pm

Spoilers for The Bob Newhart Show and Newhart

Last Episode idea: Anthony Horowitz wakes up and discovers that FW had all been a dream....(I know, we don't want any last episodes anytime soon...)

(In the 1970's American comedian/actor Bob Newhart starred in a sitcom called The Bob Newhart Show, in which he played a a married psychologist. In the 1980's, he starred in a sitcom called Newhart, in which he played a married bed and breakfast owner in the U.S. state of Vermont. On the last episode of Newhart, he wakes up next to his wife from The Bob Newhart Show and discovers that all his years in Vermont as a bed and breakfast owner had been a dream. I remember a lot of people were upset with that episode....felt cheated.

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby Wolesley » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:03 pm

I thought that episode was hilarious and very clever - May 21, 1990.

It was obviously a nod to the infamous Bobby Ewing shower scene (I didn't die a few years and several seasons ago, you had a bad dream) in the prime time soap opera, Dallas, of circa 1986.

Lesley :rofl:
Wolesley

Postby Sunshine » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 pm

I loved that Newhart episode, too!

Hmmm, what would Dr. Hartley eat before bedtime (He had Japanese food to dream he was a Vermont innkeeper. :mrgreen: ) to dream that he was a British chief of detectives during World War 2? :foyle1: :rofl:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby jewell » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:26 pm

Samfan wrote:Explanation about why no Andrew:

@AnthonyHorowitz: @always_southern Sadly, the actor is not available and I don't think we can recast.

I keep wondering if, in this sense, "not available" means "we can't afford him." Or does it just mean not available?

J
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby Englishfan » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:18 am

I can't find the tweets from A.H. that indicate that there WILL be a romantic interest for CF in the next series. I remember that they said it would be a gentle affair or something.

I am wondering if having CF married or in a relationship as the next series opens wouldn't be easier for CF to pull off. :foyle1:

The affection would be of commitment instead of passion!!!!!!! NOT that there's no passion in marriage.......!!!!!!!!!!!! (Don't let my husband read this!) Everyone of you married women know what I mean!!!! "Sex starts in the kitchen!" (Title of book, I think.....or it should be the title of a book.) :hug:

Englishfan
Englishfan

Previous

Return to Anthony Horowitz