AH and "Fake" Interviews

AH and "Fake" Interviews

Postby Florrie » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:57 pm

I had an email from a female a little while back. In it she said that she had tweeted AH about an interview with MK which is on our MK website. AH apparently told her it was "probably fake". The female asked me to cite my sources for the interview without actually telling me which interview it was. I was pretty miffed that AH would say anything like that and replied that all interviews were cited and if AH had any problem with the press pack interviews he should take it up with ITV. Blow me down, she wrote back - "Well aren't you friendly!" :rofl: Yes, because being accused of faking MK interviews is a real ice-breaker. I have no idea how twitter works or if it is possible to find this message, does anyone know their way around it?
Florrie

Re: AH and "Fake" Interviews

Postby kitchenwonder » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:46 am

I don't know my way around Twitter, but I am responding because I am incensed by this person's response to you! :-x

And more... how can you possibly address her question if she won't be specific? :rantblue:

And even more... If this really was AH's response to her, I am very disappointed in him! :samcry:
"Well...The Foyles, you know, always have been hard to resist." (Enemy Fire S3E2)
"If Michael Kitchen played a corpse, you would still watch him more than anyone else." (Jaci Stephen, The Mail, November 3, 2002)
kitchenwonder

Postby Florrie » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:21 am

Lol, no need to be annoyed by it, I thought it was funny :) But yes, I would like to find out if AH actually did say that as I'm not sure if he was implying that I had made-up the press-pack interviews or that the publicist responsible for the packs had made them up. :huh:
Florrie

Postby starlight » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:53 am

Florrie - Twitter advanced search should help you locate the exchange.
https://twitter.com/search-advanced?lang=en-gb

Here's one possible reply to @BlueEyedUtahn (whose account has now disappeared, so I can't find the tweet being responded to) on October 6.
https://twitter.com/AnthonyHorowitz/sta ... 7676748800

Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby starlight » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:00 am

Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby Florrie » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:58 pm

Thanks for that - the woman signed herself as from Utah in her email, so it could be. Shame we can't see the question that went with it! That is really annoying of AH because he must have known Greenlit's publicity people were issuing press packs with interviews, or did he not know about those? :puzzled: Maybe I should tweet back. :foyle1:
Florrie

Postby Florrie » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:00 pm

And here we have it kiddies. My first foray into Twitter :awkward:

https://twitter.com/AnthonyHorowitz/status/783888311622467584

I did try to discuss this with the BlueEyedUtahn earlier today but she went on a bit of a tirade. It is all very, very weird. :huh:
Florrie

Postby Lynnedean » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:39 pm

Florrie wrote:And here we have it kiddies. My first foray into Twitter :awkward:

https://twitter.com/AnthonyHorowitz/status/783888311622467584

I did try to discuss this with the BlueEyedUtahn earlier today but she went on a bit of a tirade. It is all very, very weird. :huh:

I followed the conversation on Twitter, and was pleased to see that you got our point over to Mr Hwz. Good on ya, kidda! He'd obviously got the wrong end of the stick, having been led to believe by BEU that she was referring to a press interview and not simply this or that comment that Greenlit had squeezed out of Mr K for inclusion in the press packs (they probably used thumbscrews!).

There are a lot of weird people out there in the world of the Internet (well, you know that, having known me since you started the first MK message board back in 2003), and now Anthony Horowitz knows that BEU is one of them. Your fractious correspondent has proved herself more of a twit than a tweeter; I'm afraid that if you venture into the Twitter zone again, you'll come across many more like her!

~ Lynne

PS: We've missed you - big time! :hug:
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby Sunshine » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:57 pm

Well done, Florrie! :foyle1:

Maybe AH has been reading too many of those items about fake news stories on social media. :foyle4:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby vicky » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:30 pm

Nice work, Florrie. I'm very pleased that you managed to sort out the mis-
understanding with AH's response to BEU. I'm sorry this was necessary
in view of all the meticulous work you did to create such a marvellous site
for Foyle's War and Michael Kitchen fans.
vicky

Postby Florrie » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:03 am

Lynnedean wrote:He'd obviously got the wrong end of the stick, having been led to believe by BEU that she was referring to a press interview and not simply this or that comment that Greenlit had squeezed out of Mr K for inclusion in the press packs (they probably used thumbscrews!).

I think the same now, Lynne. And as she wasn't prepared to expand on her complaint, I couldn't find out what it was that made her think anything was faked. As far as I am concerned she is a fruit loop anyway. :)

Missed you all, too :foylekiss:

Thanks, Vicky! And hi, Sunshine :)
Florrie

Postby Florrie » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:00 am

Lynnedean wrote:
There are a lot of weird people out there in the world of the Internet (well, you know that, having known me since you started the first MK message board back in 2003), and now Anthony Horowitz knows that BEU is one of them. Your fractious correspondent has proved herself more of a twit than a tweeter; I'm afraid that if you venture into the Twitter zone again, you'll come across many more like her!

Good grief, after telling me yesterday to stop emailing her, she has sent me a further two emails! Yes, she thought it best to warn me off "pestering" MK to find out if the press pack interviews were legit. :rofl: I'm enjoying this far too much.
Florrie

Postby Lynette » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:34 am

WOW.

This just confirms my instinctive view that Twitter is useless and perpetuates all kinds of half-truths and untruths. Also that many Twitters users (twits?) are off the deep end.

It makes me CRAZY that (supposedly) reputable news outlets think it's okay to include anonymous or random tweets in news stories without knowing the source. My God, whatever happened to journalistic standards?

Sincerely, an old curmudgeon
Lynette

Postby Florrie » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:42 am

Hello Lynnette :wavehello:

I found it very frustrating to use due to the limited characters. I re-wrote my replies about six times to get it in and still make sense. Not for me. I need lots of rooooooom. :foyle1:
Florrie

Postby kitchenwonder » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:32 am

I read your Twitter exchange with AH. Glad it is sorted. :thumbsup:

OMG! BEU does sound like a wacko! :eek:
"Well...The Foyles, you know, always have been hard to resist." (Enemy Fire S3E2)
"If Michael Kitchen played a corpse, you would still watch him more than anyone else." (Jaci Stephen, The Mail, November 3, 2002)
kitchenwonder

Postby Lynnedean » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:12 pm

Florrie wrote:I found it very frustrating to use due to the limited characters. I re-wrote my replies about six times to get it in and still make sense.

Some determined tweeters get around the character limit by taking a screenshot of their text and posting that as an image. Others post two or more tweets in succession to extend their messages.

It was rumoured in January that Twitter would be increasing the tweet character limit (perhaps to even 10,000 characters!) this year, but nothing's come of it. Apparently, Twitter considered the idea but dismissed it due to strong objections from its users, which was a wise decision, as the nutters out there would go to town if not constrained by the present limit; as it is, Twitter has had to clamp down on abusive messages. Some changes were made in September, however: media attachments (photos, Gifs, videos, quoted tweets), are no longer included in the character count. At some point, @names in replies will not count, either; I don't know if that change has been applied yet, but, if not, it should be soon, as it would be a great improvement.

For reference ... Buffer Blog: Twitter's 140 Character Update
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby Sunshine » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:03 pm

I tweet items of news and local history in my neck of the woods. If I need more than one tweet, I just put"More" on the tweet and continue. :computerwars:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Return to Anthony Horowitz