Kindle Single

Kindle Single

Postby Samfan » Thu May 14, 2015 8:55 pm

AH has tweeted that he has a Kindle Single on Amazon: Vermeer to Eternity. Here is a synopsis of it from Amazon UK:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/kindle-singles-books/b/ref=sv_kinc_2?ie=UTF8&node=2445826031

I just downloaded it, but have yet to read it (I'll start it as a reward for mowing the lawn).

Its available on both Amazon UK and Amazon US (those were the only sites I checked).

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Re: Kindle Single

Postby Samfan » Sat May 16, 2015 1:49 pm

This story was "OK." It seemed to me it had a rather abrupt ending. Lots of research about Vermeer went into this, I'm sure, so that was interesting. Maybe I'll have to read it again to really appreciate it.

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby Wolesley » Sat May 16, 2015 6:21 pm

It was certainly okay! I enjoyed the details of art history and forgery techniques, and the ending made me smile. It reminded me of a de Maupassant story, where the cruel irony of events is revealed in the last paragraph.
I feel I got more than my $2.98's worth of entertainment. :rofl:

Some of the descriptions of the characters made me think AH had been inspired by MK's acting, especially the line, "He blinked at me and I had never known that such a tiny movement could convey so much anger."

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby mohairMK » Sun May 17, 2015 7:09 am

Wolesley wrote:Some of the descriptions of the characters made me think AH had been inspired by MK's acting, especially the line, "He blinked at me and I had never known that such a tiny movement could convey so much anger."

:lol: :foyle5:
"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Postby Samfan » Sun May 17, 2015 3:36 pm

mohairMK wrote:
Wolesley wrote:Some of the descriptions of the characters made me think AH had been inspired by MK's acting, especially the line, "He blinked at me and I had never known that such a tiny movement could convey so much anger."

:lol: :foyle5:

Yes! I thought of MK too when I read that line.

Samfan
Samfan

Return to Anthony Horowitz