Foyle story for Daily Mail

Foyle story for Daily Mail

Postby Samfan » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:48 pm

Looks like AH wrote a Foyle story for the Daily Mail. He wrote this on Twitter in reply to someone (sorry, I don’t know how to copy and paste Tweets):

“Thanks. Me too. But I just wrote a Foyle story for the Daily Mail. Should be out around Xmas.”
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Re: Foyle story for Daily Mail

Postby BookwormKate » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:16 pm

Yes, I saw this too! SO curious about it and can't wait to see the story. Nice to know we aren't the only ones who miss Foyle, haha! :foyle1:
"You could do with a good chat then..."
BookwormKate

Postby amiga » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:52 pm

It's not like AH to be so cryptic. And why the Daily Mail? And why after so much time? All very mysterious.

I am reading The Word Is Murder. He plays himself, a fiction writer who is undertaking a real crime. In it, he mentions everything he has ever done throughout the book. All those years must have been very interesting with a man who puts everything out there, and the other pretty much living under a rock. :lol:

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Wolesley » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:26 pm

Here it is! (Thanks for the link, Starlight)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -Mail.html

If you're on an iPad you can avoid all the adverts by clicking on Reader View, those horizontal lines to the left in the URL box.

First instalment of several, I should think.

PS: one of the commenters seems to suggest you have to donate £20 to the charity mentioned in the article in order to read the rest of the story (kidscape.org), but I don't see any info about that.

PPS: Actually the commenter is confused. Under the photo of Anthony it says his new book is £20 and that he has donated his fee for this story to the charity: "The fee for this story has been donated to the anti-bullying charity Kidscape, kidscape.org.uk"

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby amiga » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:37 pm

Story kind of just ends with no mystery solved. I tweeted AH to ask if there would be more. His reply..... :noidea:

@AnthonyHorowitz
20m20 minutes ago

Replying to @plantation144
You never know. HX.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Wolesley » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:30 am

And here’s Part 2, the end of the story:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... GQeUF8PcA0

A bit lacklustre, all in all.
But he did donate his fee to a charity, so that’s nice.

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby amiga » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:03 pm

Think he should have left it alone. Reading it just doesn't have the same impact as seeing it. Thought it was kind of boring. As far as the ending, well, that certainly puts a lid on it.

Amiga
amiga

Postby Samfan » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:42 pm

I did like the artist's rendering of Foyle (I wonder if the artist got the idea for how Foyle looked from the picutre of MK at a birthday party that was put out last spring or summer).

Also--someone on Twitter asked AH if Foyle's second wife in the story was Elizabeth Lewes or Elizabeth Addis? AH replied it was Elizabeth Addis. More scope for fan fiction!
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby amiga » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:08 pm

I liked the artist rendering, too. Didn't make him look late 80's.

All in all, that's about all I liked. Don't think this was written for the fans. Think it was AH's way of putting an ending to Foyle. Probably got tired of everyone asking him to bring it back.

AH is quite self-promoting. Found it interesting that he did not promote this on Twitter.

Oh, well. That's done and dusted. Just have to remember the good times. :reindeer:

Amiga
amiga

Postby Samfan » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:05 pm

amiga wrote:
...All in all, that's about all I liked. Don't think this was written for the fans. Think it was AH's way of putting an ending to Foyle. Probably got tired of everyone asking him to bring it back...

Almost as if he wrote it in a hurry, maybe between (or in the middle of) book projects.
Samfan

Return to Anthony Horowitz