AH on NPR

AH on NPR

Postby jewell » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:33 pm

I was expecting someone else to post this...

http://www.npr.org/2017/06/13/532173809/what-makes-a-good-whodunit-magpie-murders-author-spells-it-out

An interview with AH on NPR. They mention FW but play a clip only from Midsomer Murders :noidea:.

Good interview, the book sounds interesting.

J
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Re: AH on NPR

Postby starlight » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:28 am

What's he on about?
"If I had gone to the BBC and said I wanted write about, I don't know, the social history of 1940 to '47, they would have probably said no," Horowitz explains. "When I said, 'I've got a whole series of terrific murders which take place in that time,' they opened the door."

Foyle's War was ITV. It's a common mistake, but surely not one Anthony Horowitz should be making. :puzzled:
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby jewell » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:15 pm

Probably dumbing it down for the 'Murican audience.
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby Wolesley » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:25 am

It may be a case of...'Two nations divided by a common language.' Either miscommunication or, yes Jewell, Americans know of the BBC but have no idea that there are other British broadcasters.

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby kitchentease » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:34 am

Ah well, AH always has so much on the go he sometimes misses the odd detail. Rosalind's age? :biggrin:
But, what does the brain matter....compared to the heart?
kitchentease

Postby Sunshine » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:24 pm

It might have just been a "for example" reference, a general one. (Either that or maybe AH wants to forget how ITV treated FW in its later years! :foyle3: )
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Return to Anthony Horowitz