Publisher's weekly interview

Publisher's weekly interview

Postby Samfan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:16 pm

Publisher's Weekly interviewed AH about his new Alex Rider Novel, due in the US in October 2017. He thought his 9th Alex Rider would be his last. How was wrong--he wrote another one. Toward the end of the article, FW, is mentioned, and AH said that he gave 16 years to Foyle, and also said that he missed him, but would not say no to Foyle, that he had learned that with Alex Rider.

Here's hoping....

http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/childrens/childrens-book-news/article/73049-never-say-never-again-alex-rider-returns.html

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Re: Publisher's weekly interview

Postby Wolesley » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:39 am

Wow! Thanks Samfan!
We know AH has entire stories from the later War years that he never got to use because of the ITV Shaps fiasco. I wonder if he'd ever try to 'polish up' one or two of those into a post-War story. Or bring in a younger actor (à la Endeavour) to play wartime Foyle in flashbacks, with MK as Foyle handling the post-War repercussions of the earlier case.
Of course, it would depend on MK (and Honeysuckle) having any interest in the project, but we can dream, and hope, and wish.
:biggrin: :thankyou: :foyle5: :samkiss:

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby Sunshine » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:45 pm

Wolesley wrote:Wow! Thanks Samfan!
We know AH has entire stories from the later War years that he never got to use because of the ITV Shaps fiasco. I wonder if he'd ever try to 'polish up' one or two of those into a post-War story. Or bring in a younger actor (à la Endeavour) to play wartime Foyle in flashbacks, with MK as Foyle handling the post-War repercussions of the earlier case.
Of course, it would depend on MK (and Honeysuckle) having any interest in the project, but we can dream, and hope, and wish.

Lesley

I wouldn't mind a young Constable Foyle after his WW1 service, with Rosalind there, either. :foyle1: (With rumors of a Downton Abbey prequel, I'm big on prequels. :lol: )

Now, how to get MK involved.... :foyle5:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby kitchenwonder » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:10 am

Sunshine wrote:
Wolesley wrote:Wow! Thanks Samfan!

Lesley

I wouldn't mind a young Constable Foyle after his WW1 service, with Rosalind there, either. :foyle1: (With rumors of a Downton Abbey prequel, I'm big on prequels. :lol: )

Now, how to get MK involved.... :foyle5:

I would be happy to have MK as the narrator. I can keep a photo of Him to the side. :wink:
"Well...The Foyles, you know, always have been hard to resist." (Enemy Fire S3E2)
"If Michael Kitchen played a corpse, you would still watch him more than anyone else." (Jaci Stephen, The Mail, November 3, 2002)
kitchenwonder

Postby kitchentease » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:34 pm

Ooh, nice idea, Kitchenwonder. :thumbsup:
But, what does the brain matter....compared to the heart?
kitchentease

Return to Anthony Horowitz