Quercus

3: The French Drop(Feb '41);Enemy Fire(Feb '41);They Fought In the Fields(April '41); War of Nerves(June '41)

2: Fifty Ships (Sept '40); Among the Few (Sept '40); War Games (Oct '40); The Funk Hole (Oct '40)

1: The German Woman(May '40);The White Feather(May '40);A Lesson in Murder(June '40);Eagle Day(Aug '40)

Quercus

Postby jewell » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:44 pm

The tree in my drive/parking area is being removed due to it's impending demise.

I'm looking at replacement options and am tickled when looking at oaks by the Latin name, "Quercus" remembering Barbara Hicks and her unmistakable - even at night - Quercus. I don't remember the second name she said, though.

Does anyone remember? Or must I watch TFITF over again? Perhaps that specie will be my new shade tree. A secret smile for a long time. If it was Quercus Virginiana, or Live Oak, it won't grow here. I'm hoping it was some hardy, fast growing oak.

J

Watching TFITF would normally be easy and pleasurable but having moved this Spring, the DVD's are all still packed. Not sure where it is...
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Re: Quercus

Postby starlight » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:14 pm

Quercus robor ("strong oak")

You don't need the dvds to peruse the scripts they are all here

http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk ... s-war-2002

Having said that, they've spelt it wrong. LOL :lol:
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby jewell » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:25 pm

Thanks, starlight!

I will search for Quercus Robor. Hopefully, it will grow here.

J

ETA there seems to be two spellings of the specie: robor or robur. And I don't think it will work for me - the temperate zone is okay but it likes dense soil that stays moist. I need something with a bit of drought tolerance. Too bad, but it was fun thinking about it! :foylesuit:
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby starlight » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:55 pm

jewell wrote: Too bad, but it was fun thinking about it! :foylesuit:

Shame. I pulled up an oak sapling our garden the other day and put it in a pot. Last thing we need is another ruddy tree, but the squirrels have different ideas. We get any number of horse chestnuts sprouting, and I destroy those without a second thought, but oaks have sentimental value. Maybe I'll plant it in the local wood on your behalf, in memory of Foyle and Hicks. :pleased:
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby jewell » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:15 pm

starlight wrote: Maybe I'll plant it in the local wood on your behalf, in memory of Foyle and Hicks. :pleased:

:foylekiss:

jewell

Return to Series 1 (2002), Series 2 (2003), Series 3 (2004)