French Drop

3: The French Drop(Feb '41);Enemy Fire(Feb '41);They Fought In the Fields(April '41); War of Nerves(June '41)

2: Fifty Ships (Sept '40); Among the Few (Sept '40); War Games (Oct '40); The Funk Hole (Oct '40)

1: The German Woman(May '40);The White Feather(May '40);A Lesson in Murder(June '40);Eagle Day(Aug '40)

Re: French Drop

Postby Lynnedean » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:06 pm

Jillybean wrote:Awww - I quite liked the idea of cows chasing Sam round the orchard :sad:

I'm not one of 'em, but many of the folk on here will quite like the idea of Foyle chasing Sam around the orchard. :lol:
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby starlight » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:19 pm

Lynnedean wrote:
Jillybean wrote:Awww - I quite liked the idea of cows chasing Sam round the orchard :sad:

I'm not one of 'em, but many of the folk on here will quite like the idea of Foyle chasing Sam around the orchard. :lol:

Spot on. And there are those of us who think it no accident either that she mentions such things in front of him. :rofl:

Miss Weeks is a strange mixture in performance of slurred speech and impeccable received pronunciation. Still, her accent was almost certainly one of the main reasons why she was picked for the role - which arguably requires a plum in the mouth. Inevitably, that plum sometimes gets in the way. :samkiss:

Love her.

Starlight :rose:
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby Wolesley » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:58 pm

"Old Parkins." Right, got it now, makes more sense. Strangely slow bit of dialogue, really. On my device (iPad) they both sound like they've got head colds. I'll try the DVD later.

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby dcfoylefan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:18 pm

Any chance you can set that image to music and post? :biggrin:
aka britishdetectives.tumblr.com
dcfoylefan

Postby Sunshine » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:43 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Previous

Return to Series 1 (2002), Series 2 (2003), Series 3 (2004)