Plan of Attack question

7: The Russian House (June '45), Killing Time (July '45), The Hide (August '45)

6: Plan of Attack (April '44); Broken Souls (October '44); All Clear (May '45)

5: Bleak Midwinter (Dec '42); Casualties of War (March '43)

4: Invasion (April '42); Bad Blood (Aug '42)

Plan of Attack question

Postby Samfan » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:18 pm

I just rewatched Plan of Attack, and wondered about something. The first time Foyle talks to the Wing Co. and is leaving to go to the car, he is passed by a woman in an MTC uniform. I thought, "hey, it's Sam," but of course it's not, because she's out of the MTC and doesn't wear a uniform for her job at Beverley Lodge. Then I thought maybe its HW playing an MTC person, just for that scene (it certainly looks like HW, with the reddish hair). I can't tell, though, because everytime I pause the DVD, she's blurry. It's probably not, because HW would probably not play an 'extra' roll.

Just wondered. :puzzled:

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Re: Plan of Attack question

Postby Sunshine » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:18 pm

I had the same reaction the first time I saw the scene, but it's not Sam. :samkiss:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby BookwormKate » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:46 pm

I was recently re-watching this episode (well, actually I've been re-watching them all...) and I heard something I hadn't noticed before. When Uncle Aubrey is leaving on the bus, Sam rushes up on her bike to see him off. He mentions to her that perhaps she will be going back to the police now Mr Foyle is in charge again. She says they haven't discussed it. Uncle waves goodbye and when the bus is gone Sam brings it up. It goes like this: (as I can make it out)

S:"Don’t you think he has a point, sir?"
F: "Point? Point about what?"
S: "About me?"
F: "About you?"
S: "Thought about having me back?"
F: "Well, thought about little else. " He smiles. "See you tomorrow."

Am I completely mishearing this? It is more one of Foyle's mumbles than a statement. I had to rewind a few times to make it out at all. Not that it matters really, but I just thought it was a nice moment between them - typical Foyle. It also makes the scene at the end when she shows up for work and he pulls her leg about being rather presumptuous slightly odd.
Anyway - just wondered if anyone else had noticed it. Makes nice fanfic fodder if nothing else! :wink:
"You could do with a good chat then..."
BookwormKate

Postby Wolesley » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:55 pm

His line is, "I've thought of little else." Which comes across more as a joke that way, cause obviously he's been busy.
But I've had that line down in my notes for Fic ideas for some time, believe me! :geek: :lol:

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby BookwormKate » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:16 pm

Ah, thanks Lesley! Perhaps I was being rather hopeful :lol: Yes, it is a nice line for a fic.
Too many great lines, too little time!!
BookwormKate

Postby hughsbeautiful » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:58 pm

I'm rewatching Foyle's War atm, and just discovered these words from him as well. I went to see if anyone wrote about it here, and sure enough :thumbsup:

Does anyone know of a fanfic it's been included in? :cloud9:
hughsbeautiful

Postby BookwormKate » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:01 pm

hughsbeautiful wrote:I'm rewatching Foyle's War atm, and just discovered these words from him as well. I went to see if anyone wrote about it here, and sure enough :thumbsup:

Does anyone know of a fanfic it's been included in? :cloud9:

Yep. Excuse the shameless self promoting, but I used in my fic Keep Me Closer (in chapter 25).
The link is here: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10242866/1/Keep-Me-Closer :geek:
BookwormKate

Postby hughsbeautiful » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:50 pm

Do not worry about shameless self promoting, I'm grateful for your information! :thumbsup:

I'm already reading this lovely fic, but haven't gotten that far yet, I have something wonderful to look forward to :biggrin:

hughsbeautiful

Return to Series 4 (2006), S.5 (2007), S.6 (2008), Series 7 (2010)