[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Quietly Enigmatic • View topic - MK's condition in "Bad Blood"?

MK's condition in "Bad Blood"?

7: The Russian House (June '45), Killing Time (July '45), The Hide (August '45)

6: Plan of Attack (April '44); Broken Souls (October '44); All Clear (May '45)

5: Bleak Midwinter (Dec '42); Casualties of War (March '43)

4: Invasion (April '42); Bad Blood (Aug '42)

MK's condition in "Bad Blood"?

Postby Sunshine » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:30 am

Watching "Bad Blood," I've noticed that through many of the scenes, MK looks flushed and is sweating - and I don't think it's simply Foyle's anxiety over Sam's illness. :foyle3: I wonder if The Man was filming with a cold or flu...... :puzzled:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Re: MK's condition in "Bad Blood"?

Postby hazeleyes57 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Ooh, really? I'll have to watch one of my favourite episodes again, just for research purposes. <happy sigh>

I was only doing a spot of writing, nothing as important as this. :wink:
hazeleyes57

Location: Colchester, England, home of the Iceni, Boudicca and jolly nice cake shops

Postby jewell » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi Sunshine,

So prompted by your post I forced myself to watch Bad Blood last night.

I didn't really notice MK looking hot and sweaty. Later in my dreams, maybe...

I did notice that many of the actors had a shine to their faces - maybe it was hot when they were filming?

My big gripe about Bad Blood, even though it's one of my favorite episodes, is Foyle ignoring the theft of 6 cattle. That's a big deal. And not Foyle-like at all to ignore a crime like that.

Maybe it's because I live in farm/ranching country, but it really bugs me!

Another niggle I have is DCS Foyle tells Sgt Milner to get someone over there to check on Sam and apparantly no one does! What's up with that?

Still one of my favs

Jewell

Am I chatty Cathy this morning, or what?
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby hazeleyes57 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:39 pm

hazeleyes57

Location: Colchester, England, home of the Iceni, Boudicca and jolly nice cake shops

Postby Sunshine » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:46 pm

Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby jewell » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:45 pm

Well, that's never shown/spelled out.

But our favorite DCS would, of course, put two and two together and realize that the bio agent guys were the cattle rustlers.

But do, feel free to rewatch it. You know you want to.

Jewell
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby HarrietVane » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:37 pm

:wave: Newcomer jumping in here, I hope that's all right!

Sunshine, I also thought MK looked flushed in "Bad Blood," but at the time I thought it must be a difference between my aunt & uncle's television and my laptop screen, or possibly between viewing on DVD as opposed to Netflix streaming. Further investigation may be called for. :foyle1:
HarrietVane

Postby Wolesley » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:02 am

I'm just watching a rerun of this ep on the telly. It is very bright, sunny weather throughout, which may explain any flushed appearance or sweating, though I haven't noticed that yet.

I paused the show just after the cameo by the real Christopher Foyle (of Foyle's Book Shops) asking Foyle if 'he got the book,' a brief scene that reportedly took repeated takes. MK looks a bit stiff climbing up the four steps to the front door, which he must have had to do about twenty times in a row because CF kept calling him Michael. :eyeroll: :biggrin:

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby flybybee » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:03 am

flybybee

Postby Lynnedean » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:22 am

"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby Anglophile » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:31 pm

"Why have you brought us to shelter in the fuel dump, Andrew?"
Anglophile

Postby kitchentease » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:15 am

Thanks for sharing the anecdote and the article, Lesley and Lynnedean. They made me miss FW even more (if that's possible.)
But, what does the brain matter....compared to the heart?
kitchentease

Postby NikkiB » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:25 am

I remember that episode but did not know that was the real Christopher Foyle. Thank you, Lynndean, for posting this very interesting tidbit of info! BTW - I have only 2 more episodes to watch before I finish the entire FW, only 2 more. Once completed, I am sure I will feel like someone has died. I want to get the Complete Saga on Amazon, as it is a great price right now but I am not sure I can get the subtitles on the ones that are closed-captioned only, and someone (Kitchenwonder? Kitchentease?) told me to contact them when I needed instruction on that. Cheers and Happy Holidays to all Kitchenettes! :wavehello:
NikkiB

Postby HarrietVane » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:11 pm

HarrietVane

Postby mohairMK » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:09 pm

"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Return to Series 4 (2006), S.5 (2007), S.6 (2008), Series 7 (2010)