[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Quietly Enigmatic • View topic - Foyle's Kitchen

Foyle's Kitchen

Re: Foyle's Kitchen

Postby bee » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:52 pm

Great news! What a wonderful surprise! :applause:
There is no one else...
bee

Postby ayresorchids » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:57 pm

Oh, this is such wonderful news, dear! (Needless to say, I hadn't checked QE today before writing you!)

:foyle5:
...And I do hope that you find somebody who deserves you.
ayresorchids

Postby Wolesley » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:39 pm

Delightful news! So sweet of her to call you and let you know! Congratulations!

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby foylefan » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:53 am

How exciting! I'm sure he will be as impressed as we are! Enjoy :thumbsup:
foylefan

Postby Pers » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:29 am

What a thoroughly fascinating project - the photos are brilliant. And I'm so delighted Anthony's assistant rang to let you know the stuff had arrived.

He's currently pootling around in Australia, according to his Tweets, so let's hope he's home soon to appreciate the pictures!

And I hope you hear from Michael eventually too.
Pers

Postby hazeleyes57 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:58 pm

The Foyle's War Dolls house is in the just released (November) issue of Dollhouse World magazine. They have a section called 'Small Accomplishments' where they do an article about readers projects and this month it's my turn :shock:

I'm off to get my copy (or 6...!)
hazeleyes57

Location: Colchester, England, home of the Iceni, Boudicca and jolly nice cake shops

Postby Pers » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:16 pm

Oh wow! Congratulations on your new found fame (notoriety?!). :rose: :pleased: :geek:

Did you ever hear back from AH?
Pers

Postby dogstar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:25 pm

That is SUPER! Big congratulations. :thumbsup: You did a lovely piece of work and it's great to see your efforts recognized.
Dogstar

"However, I'm richer and you're happier, and I think I know what's best."
dogstar

Postby hazeleyes57 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:01 pm

Just collected my DHW mag, and it's spread over four pages, I am chuffed to bits. Having seen the pics so big, I spotted a milk bottle lying on the floor of the kitchen, but thankfully it's not that obvious, :rofl:

I haven't heard back from AH personal assistant yet, but as they are already filming in Ireland (having asked about an outdoor set visit), I doubt that I'll get another call.

Nice while it lasted!!

Many thanks for the congrats; hubby gave me a hug and a kiss and said 'Yeah! You're in print!' :pleased:
hazeleyes57

Location: Colchester, England, home of the Iceni, Boudicca and jolly nice cake shops

Postby Pers » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:05 pm

Pers

Postby Samfan » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:06 pm

Congratulations!! :thumbsup:

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby vicky » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:45 pm

Well done, hazeleyes. I'm really pleased for you.

Vicky.
vicky

Postby LionsGate » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:31 am

Excellent news, just love it when a plan comes together!

Well done, indeed. :foyle1:
LionsGate

Postby ayresorchids » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:40 am

Weee!

Page 32 here:

http://www.dollshouseworld.com/page2_currentissue.asp

And one can purchase a digital download here:

http://www.craft-club.com/productcart/p ... tegory=221

Congrats, dear! :thankyou:
...And I do hope that you find somebody who deserves you.
ayresorchids

Postby Pers » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:52 am

I must see if my local WH Smith has a copy when I'm in town on Thursday. :foyle1:
Pers

Postby foylefan » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Wow...congratulations! :thumbsup:
foylefan

Postby Sunshine » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:42 pm

Yay Hazeleyes!!! :mrgreen: Congratulations!!!! :thumbsup:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby historianheidi » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:06 pm

Yay! :) Well done! :thankyou:
historianheidi

Postby Wolesley » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:34 am

Congratulations! What a thrill!

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby hazeleyes57 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:54 am

As a direct result of last week's chat with Anthony Horowitz, he has now seen the Foyle's War dollshouse photographs and he wrote back to me, some of which I've pasted here:

Dear Nicola,

I'm glad I've seen these and again, I'm sorry you never got a response the first time round. The doll's house is delightful and I love the fishing rod in the kitchen! And what great details…the two shoes beside the bed remind me that we have never seen Foyle between the sheets although I think he has turned up once or twice in his pyjamas....I'm delighted the programme has given you pleasure and introduced you to such jolly-looking ladies…that's a terrific photograph in Hastings - very 40s.

So, that's official - I'm not mad and he liked the pics :thumbsup:

Worth the wait!!
hazeleyes57

PreviousNext

Return to Costumes and Sets