[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Quietly Enigmatic • View topic - Too Much Foyle's War?

Too Much Foyle's War?

Re: Too Much Foyle's War?

Postby Samfan » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:35 pm

Feeling a bit like Sam (or Murdoch) while riding my mother's old Raleigh LTD-3 (1970's):

Alas, its too big for me, so I really can't ride it. Gave up after a half a block.
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby amiga » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:31 pm

Yesterday, a friend and I were talking about height. She said she was 5'7". I immediately thought of MK and how it would be standing next to him. Since I am 5'2", perfect for me, and he would have someone that looked up to him :D

Think this more falls into "too much Michael Kitchen" :obsessed:

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby mohairMK » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:34 pm

"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Postby flybybee » Mon May 02, 2016 3:05 am

I was visiting some friends this weekend who have an 8 year old daughter. We were having brunch and she was struggling with her pancakes so I reached over to help her saying "Want me to do that?". Her father reached out to do it but I said it had been a while since I'd helped cut up a child's food, listening to myself totally re-enact the scene where Foyle offers to butter Andrew's toast!
flybybee

Postby Samfan » Fri May 20, 2016 6:54 pm

"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby mohairMK » Sat May 21, 2016 10:22 pm

I now have "Foyle's War Theme" as my default ringtone, as well as a photo of the DCS as my wallpaper. Never too much Foyle's War... :foyle5:
mohairMK

Postby Samfan » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:06 pm

Samfan

Postby Wolesley » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:28 pm

I have a smiling Sam in uniform leaning on the Wolseley as the screen background on my phone! :samtall: I had Foyle on it before, but that was too distracting. :rofl:

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby amiga » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:05 pm

Phone, Ipod and 2 laptops. :obsessed:

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Samfan » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:26 pm

I just started reading Bill Bryson's At Home, and came across this line in chapter 1 (The Year), p. 14: "Clergymen in the Church of England were of two types: rectors and vicars." I immediately thought of Sam Stewart, her father, and her uncle.
Samfan

Postby Katiek » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:03 pm

Reading through the many posts on this topic I now feel that I am not alone. :wavehello: :wavehello: :wavehello: Totally obsessed with Foyles War and Michael Kitchen. Guilty of having a MK bag...and jacket...and wallet. Guilty of the FW ringtone on my iPhone....
One that I didn't find listed.....
When insulted I respond with "Thank you for that."
Katiek

Postby mohairMK » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:55 am

mohairMK

Postby amiga » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:59 pm

I was doing some manual labor around the house that turned out to be more difficult than I thought (I do sometimes forget I'm not 20). I kept thinking of the giggling MK outtake from Pern with him saying, "It's so difficult". The visual of him giggling kept me going :smile:

Amiga
amiga

Postby mohairMK » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:05 pm

mohairMK

Postby Wolesley » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:03 pm

There is a new mega mall being built near a small rural community, where I used to live, which I am somewhat opposed to on principle.
But then I saw this list of the stores/shops that will be in it. Might be a bit more interested in actually having a look, now!
Lesley :biggrin:

Wolesley

Postby mohairMK » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:35 pm

mohairMK

Postby TwiningsGirl64 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:40 am

We have a cooking show here in Australia called My Kitchen Rules

Made me squee :rofl: :foyle5:
"Well... things the way they are... good for the time being's perhaps enough." (CF to BH: They fought in the fields)
"MK...never less than a joy to watch." (Jaci Stephen)
TwiningsGirl64

Postby kitchentease » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:25 pm

But, what does the brain matter....compared to the heart?
kitchentease

Postby TwiningsGirl64 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:30 am

Disgusted with what was completely rude and unsatisfactory service from our local council recently, and being stone walled after requesting to speak with whoever was in charge, I was sorely tempted to quote Foyles wonderful tirade from Bad Blood.
:toetap: "If Im not in his office in the next 2 minutes, I'll be back with the Army, the Police, The Home guard and the Press. (Using Foyle hand gestures for added emphasis) Would you feel able to convey this to him at your earliest opportunity." End rant! :foylekiss:
"Well... things the way they are... good for the time being's perhaps enough." (CF to BH: They fought in the fields)
"MK...never less than a joy to watch." (Jaci Stephen)
TwiningsGirl64

Postby jewell » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:33 pm

It should work, TG. :foyle5:
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion FW and WWII