[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Quietly Enigmatic • View topic - FW theme played by Mr. Kitchen himself

FW theme played by Mr. Kitchen himself

Re: FW theme played by Mr. Kitchen himself

Postby Englishfan » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:05 pm

I looked at the actual YouTube video and noticed that there were less than 200 hits.

Would it be encouraging to Mr. Kitchen if we hit "view" and let him know that we are watching it or would it matter?

I know the answer is a conjecture but interacting with people is often a conjecture. Have to base our choices on something.

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby Englishfan » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:20 pm

Englishfan

Postby Samfan » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:41 pm

"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby jewell » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:00 pm

I couldn't believe it when I saw this. Already two pages? When did I miss this?

Then I saw the video and realized that it had been posted recently but there were already two pages of comments - understandably.

Love it. Love the performance, love the hat, love the shirt, love the man - wait, did I say that out loud? :biggrin:

jewell
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby Lynnedean » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:52 pm

Englishfan, I very much doubt that the Rights House had anything to do with this. Apart from anything else, the video wouldn't really fall into the category of "self promotion". I reckon it's just Mr K having a bit of fun, and if he's promoting anything, it's the Fender Stratocaster!

~ Lynne
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby Englishfan » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:03 pm

Englishfan

Postby djdenver » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:05 am

UNBELIEVABLE!! I have this fear, though, that someone (perhaps MK himself) will remove this from YouTube any minute now.

Jeanne
djdenver

Postby bubbe » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:46 am

Well,um,he's...he's an American
bubbe

Postby bubbe » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:51 am

Screwed up again, my reply did not go beneath the quote. I said, I hope he does not remove it, but it would be a logical move as my money is on the fact that MK himself posted this video.! An aha moment!! All I have to say is thank you, thank you and thank you MK Be well everybody. Bubbe
bubbe

Postby Lynnedean » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:25 am

"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby Wolesley » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:33 am

Bubbe asked me to fix her post, but in light of Lynne's response I will leave Bubbe's second post up as well. :smile:

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby ayresorchids » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:34 am

My Day yesterday (already shaping up nicely because I'd finished a high-pressure business trip/presentation and was en route to Dallas Airport to go home) was absolutely made when Julie sent me the link to this.

That man is just so effortlessly adorable, and, considering his playing ability, amazingly self-effacing about that, too! :foyle5:
...And I do hope that you find somebody who deserves you.
ayresorchids

Postby bee » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:26 pm

The video (and incidentally this forum) has been featured on Anglotopia, an excellent blog about our favourite country which is well worth following. I hope that there will be more than just 328 clicks soon :wink:

http://www.anglotopia.net/british-enter ... ic-guitar/
There is no one else...
bee

Postby jewell » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:40 pm

Crochety Alert:

I know this is a bit grumpy but, why do they refer to this forum as a Foyle's War forum? This is the second or third time recently I've seen that reference.

I certainly wouldn't spend all my waking hours lurking at a Foyle's War forum (just half, I suppose). It's a Michael Kitchen forum and a Foyle's War forum because, duh, Mr Kitchen stars in Foyle's War.

I suppose since in this instance the poster is male I should cut him some slack. It's probably more comfortable mentioning a Foyle's War forum as a man than it is to mention a Michael Kitchen forum.

Rant complete, thank you.

jewell
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby djdenver » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:20 pm

After my umteenth viewing of the video, just gotta say-did you all notice the very slight little sigh after he sat down but before he started playing? So very Michael Kitchen/Christopher Foyle-ish!

Jeanne
djdenver

Postby bubbe » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:10 am

bubbe

Postby Wolesley » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:09 am

Wolesley

Postby Florrie » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:59 am

What a riot! Loved the "rock" stance. No other posts from TRHFW8 - so yeah, maybe it was The Rights House. 400 views - well only a dozen or so are mine ;)

Edited to add: Love the little "here goes nothing" exhale as he sits down at the beginning. Makes me think he did indeed create the clip with the intention of sharing. What's next? MK on facebook or twitter? :awkward:
Florrie

Postby amiga » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:37 am

Love the sigh. It's like, OK, you wanted something, well here it is.

I'm hoping he's decided to share his talents and the next one we will see is MK on the piano, then a duet with Jack, then cooking underground chicken, then......I know, I know, that's asking for too much!

A girl can dream can't she? Who ever thought we would see him do this, so anything is now possible!

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Sunshine » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:03 pm

Perhaps Jack, a budding musician himself, convinced Dad to do the video. :foyle1:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion FW and WWII