[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Quietly Enigmatic • View topic - Hastings

Hastings

Re: Hastings

Postby ayresorchids » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:29 pm

The pier's destruction happened not long after that near-final shot in "The Hide" of DCS Foyle standing on the seashore, thinking about his long-ago parting from Caroline, the pier intact behind him. I'd noticed it in the scene and went to look it up, only to learn of the fire. :sad:
...And I do hope that you find somebody who deserves you.
ayresorchids

Postby mohairMK » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:51 am

"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Postby starlight » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:30 pm

Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby starlight » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:02 am

A welcome postscript to the destruction of Hastings pier: the repair/refurb has won several architectural awards, plus Pier of the Year ("does my boom look big in this?" :rofl:).

http://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/news/ ... -1-7979300

pic by

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/new ... destroyed/

pic by
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby marigold » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:21 pm

marigold

Postby Sunshine » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:21 pm

They did such a good job, I half expected to see Sam and Andrew in the photo! :lol: :samkiss:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Previous

Return to General Discussion FW and WWII