[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Quietly Enigmatic • View topic - Hastings

Hastings

Hastings

Postby bee » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:32 pm

Good news, the pier in Hastings will be restored with the help of lottery funds! I'm so glad, it is such a sad sight at the moment in an otherwise so pretty town:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... paign=1490
There is no one else...
bee

Re: Hastings

Postby Pers » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:40 pm

I heard that on the radio news yesterday and gave a muted cheer.
Pers

Postby bee » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:56 pm

Do you want to become Foyle's neighbour? :smile:

Nice house!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... ign=buying
There is no one else...
bee

Postby jewell » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:35 pm

That's what I'll do with the spare $883,415.00 I have lying around!
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby ayresorchids » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:54 pm

Interesting how cheerful and bright this house's modern decor make it, in contrast to Mr Foyle's house.

:foyle3:
...And I do hope that you find somebody who deserves you.
ayresorchids

Postby hazeleyes57 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:20 pm

What a fabulous house! Thanks for posting. I love pic 9 - you can see the sea out of the window. And those lovely Georgian balconies...<sigh>

Only downside I can see is nowhere to park, and some blessed film company close the road for ages every few years... :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I sell my house, I only need to sell one of the bedrooms there for £200,000 and I could just about afford it...anyone interested? :rofl:
hazeleyes57

Location: Colchester, England, home of the Iceni, Boudicca and jolly nice cake shops

Postby Sunshine » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:56 pm

Lovely house. What a history it's probably seen! If those walls could talk......... :D
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby Pers » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:36 pm

Pers

Postby Wolesley » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:16 am

Can I live in the cupboard under the stairs? Maybe I could afford that. :D

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby Englishfan » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:28 am

Wonder if the owners know the good publicity that their property is getting here!!!!!

Englishfan
Englishfan

Postby amiga » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:33 pm

"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby jewell » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:19 pm

"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby historianheidi » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:42 pm

Hastings has teamed up with Bexhill on Sea and put their names forward to become UK City of Culture in 2017.

I hope the Pier is sorted out by then and wonder if the Foyle's War link will be emphasised. You don't get much more cultural than that. :foyle1:
historianheidi

Postby historianheidi » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:17 pm

My husband has been to Hastings several times over the years and has taken many photos of the place-principally the beach and smugglers caves. He has a small set of Hastings photos on Flickr if anyone would like to see them:

There isn't anything directly Foyle's War related, but some of the photos of the boats on the beach could have come straight out of an episode such as The White Feather. Apparently, there are always boats of that type on the beach.
historianheidi

Postby hazeleyes57 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:41 pm

Went back to Hastings on 10th July for a few fabulous days. I confess my heart skipped a beat when I noticed scaffolding around 31 Croft Road's first floor balcony. I wondered if they're sprucing it up for the new season (I wish!!).
hazeleyes57

Location: Colchester, England, home of the Iceni, Boudicca and jolly nice cake shops

Postby Wolesley » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:52 am

That would be very nice! Wish I could have been there to have skipped a beat, too. :biggrin: :mrgreen:

Lesley
Wolesley

Postby historianheidi » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:53 pm

Restoration work on Hastings Pier is beginning. :thumbsup:

Photos

historianheidi

Postby Jillybean » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:11 pm

I finally got to Hastings today as I needed to buy a Dutch bike from Bells Bikes on George Street (highly recommended by the way), anyway I managed to pick up the 'Foyle's Hastings' guide book... Not quite an oracle but still a gem for any fan, it has some lovely pics and pointers to film locations... I put some of the pics from the book on my tumblr account :biggrin:

Apologies if someone else has already posted this - but I just got so excited :cloud9:
There's something about you fascinates me...
Jillybean

Postby Sunshine » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:21 pm

Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby mohairMK » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:19 am

"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Next

Return to General Discussion FW and WWII