[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Quietly Enigmatic • View topic - The Original Casting

The Original Casting

The Original Casting

Postby Diane » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:46 pm

Do you know if anyone has ever talked about how MK auditioned for FW? I'm searching through the forum to see if there is anything about that. I've just always wondered how it all came about. I can't imagine anyone else as Foyle. And wouldn't they just know it instantly? :puzzled:
Diane
Diane

Location: Divided time between California and Texas. Right now, California.

Re: The Original Casting

Postby Samfan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:20 pm

I thought there was an interview in which Jill Green said that they had thought of MK for the role--first choice, and he was asked to do it. But I don't even remember if it was a print interview or an "about the making of..." Taped interview, like for promotion or to include in a DVD. :noidea:
Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby Lynnedean » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:24 am

"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby Samfan » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:09 am

Thanks for finding that,Lynne! I knew it was something like that. Just couldn't remember who said it and where.

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby Wolesley » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:19 am

Wolesley

Postby Sunshine » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:29 pm

Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby Diane » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:41 pm

Thank you ladies. I felt certain that Mr. Kitchen brought a lot to the table in defining Christopher Foyle. It's funny that he should have felt hesitant about playing a detective.
Diane
Diane

Location: Divided time between California and Texas. Right now, California.

Postby Samfan » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:45 pm

Samfan

Postby kitchenwonder » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:48 pm

"Well...The Foyles, you know, always have been hard to resist." (Enemy Fire S3E2)
"If Michael Kitchen played a corpse, you would still watch him more than anyone else." (Jaci Stephen, The Mail, November 3, 2002)
kitchenwonder

Postby Wolesley » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:48 am

Wolesley

Postby Sunshine » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:32 am

Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Return to General Discussion FW and WWII