[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Quietly Enigmatic • View topic - Anthony Horowitz short FW stories

Anthony Horowitz short FW stories

Anthony Horowitz short FW stories

Postby Lynnedean » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:42 pm

A reference has been made to these in passing elsewhere on the board, but in case some folk who may be interested missed it, I thought I'd draw particular attention to them ...

In the early days of FW, the Daily Mail, Mail On Sunday and the TV Times each asked Anthony Horowitz to write a short FW story for publication in their late December issues. If anyone would like copies of the three stories, drop me a pm (and give me an email address to which to send if different from the one you use for the board), and please say if PDFs or MSWord 2003 docs would be preferred.

~ Lynne :reindeer:
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Re: Anthony Horowitz short FW stories

Postby lauriehart » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:42 am

yes, would love copies! Word would be best. Am new to QE so I'm not sure if you have access to my email address?
lauriehart

Postby lauriehart » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:45 am

Looks like I'm not yet allowed to PM. I've never used a forum before so this is all rather overwhelming. More used to Facebook where pretty much anything is easy to do right away! But I'm a smart girl, I'll catch on eventually.
lauriehart

Postby Lynnedean » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:52 am

"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby Anglophile » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:01 am

Thanks for making these fun stories available, Lynnedean! It's so strange to read something that feels like fanfiction but was actually written by the author. :-P (And even he couldn't resist a little mistletoe!) I take it the story about the turkey was written before Bleak Midwinter?
"Why have you brought us to shelter in the fuel dump, Andrew?"
Anglophile

Postby mohairMK » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:06 pm

"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Postby daniellesa » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:58 pm

I would love to read these stories if you don't mind sending them to me, either format is fine, please.

I've only just registered, no pm permission yet.

I've become quite addicted to the stories, and having read the ff.net and Archive of our own over and over again, anything fresh would be marvellous.
daniellesa

Postby Lynnedean » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:49 pm

Lynnedean

Postby daniellesa » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:59 pm

Thank you very much.
daniellesa

Postby Rhonllor » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:50 am

Rhonllor

Postby kitchenwonder » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:43 pm

Lynne, thanks for sending the Horowitz short stories. :thankyou:

Although I enjoyed reading them, I couldn't help comparing them to FW fanfic lovingly written by the authors among us. I believe the fanfic stories are as good or better than these three short stories...even though some of them could never have aired on PBS! :whistling: LOL! :eyeroll:
"Well...The Foyles, you know, always have been hard to resist." (Enemy Fire S3E2)
"If Michael Kitchen played a corpse, you would still watch him more than anyone else." (Jaci Stephen, The Mail, November 3, 2002)
kitchenwonder

Postby mohairMK » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:54 am

"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Return to General Discussion FW and WWII