FW.com under new management!

Re: FW.com under new management!

Postby Florrie » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:08 am

I managed to find the "Perfect" wallpaper - the 800 x 600 at least. If anyone has any others, please let me know!

Edited to say, think I found them all now! Had to drag out the ancient laptop. http://www.nothing-fancy.com/foyleswar/misc/wall.htm
Florrie

Postby Lynnedean » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:44 am

I'm pretty sure that the George emoticon is one of your creations, Fiona. :smile:

~ Lynne
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby Sunshine » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:06 am

I play the mah-jong weekly! :foyle1: (Both of them! :jacksmile: )
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby hazeleyes57 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:24 pm

Sunshine wrote:I play the mah-jong weekly! :foyle1: (Both of them! :jacksmile: )

Wish I could... :sad:
hazeleyes57

Location: Colchester, England, home of the Iceni, Boudicca and jolly nice cake shops

Postby djdenver » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:58 am

For all Facebook folks-where is the LIKE button to all of the above comments!!
djdenver

Postby Wolesley » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:47 am

Yes, I often wish we had a Like button option here!

Lesley, Admin
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby amiga » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:37 am

Sunshine wrote:I play the mah-jong weekly! :foyle1: (Both of them! :jacksmile: )

How do you access them, Sunshine. I have Internet Explorer and when I click on the mahjong link, all I get is a little box in the corner that shows the time ticking down. Also, where do you get the FW mahjong?

Thanks.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Florrie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:53 am

Mahjong doesn't work for me in Explorer anymore, but I use 8, I think. I've found someone else who uses the same framework and their game shows in my Explorer so I'm currently comparing all the codes to see what is different (if anything!)

For those looking for the MK version, the link is on the miscellany page at the MK website. http://www.nothing-fancy.com/mahjong/mk/mahjongggame.htm

Edit: No, cancel that. The one I found loaded the graphics but wouldn't play the game. Can't find any updated versions online. Guess it will only work properly in older IE browsers.
Florrie

Postby tucsongal » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:33 am

Hi everyone...I've been away for some time now. Getting ready to go away again for three more weeks, then I should be able to stay put for a nice long spell. I have however enjoyed playing MK mahjong by just typing "michael kitchen mahjong" into my search engine and it just pops up. Always makes me smile to see all those photos from those period pieces that he has done. Miss all the updates and goings on...see you all in a few weeks :wave:
tucsongal

Postby Sunshine » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:02 pm

amiga wrote:

How do you access them, Sunshine. I have Internet Explorer and when I click on the mahjong link, all I get is a little box in the corner that shows the time ticking down. Also, where do you get the FW mahjong?

Thanks.

Amiga

I favorited both of them a long time ago. I have Windows 7, but I know I did a procedure at the top of the screen to preserve it, because there was a Windows download where I couldn't find it, either. After advice here at the board, I pressed the Compatability View icon at the top of my screen, which looks like a broken sheet of paper. The two games work fine for me now. :foyle1:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby Florrie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:11 pm

Sunshine wrote:
I favorited both of them a long time ago. I have Windows 7, but I know I did a procedure at the top of the screen to preserve it, because there was a Windows download where I couldn't find it, either. After advice here at the board, I pressed the Compatability View icon at the top of my screen, which looks like a broken sheet of paper. The two games work fine for me now. :foyle1:

Which version of IE are you using?
Florrie

Postby bellis » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:26 pm

It works ok for me with Internet Explorer 8 and Windows XP.
Last edited by bellis on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bellis

Postby amiga » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:08 pm

Thanks, Sunshine. That worked!

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Florrie » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:42 am

Ooh, nice. I'm not an IE user and had no idea there is a "compatibility view"! I'll add that to the instructions in the game. Thanks. After I've played a few games, my golly I'm rusty at this now!
Florrie

Postby hazeleyes57 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:49 am

Any idea if it could be made to work with a Mac OS 10?
hazeleyes57

Location: Colchester, England, home of the Iceni, Boudicca and jolly nice cake shops

Postby Florrie » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:56 pm

No, the programme is 10 or more years old and has never been updated as far as I can tell. So we are stuck in an Explorer time-warp. :foyle3:
Florrie

Postby Florrie » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:31 pm

I'm back at it but the process is pretty damn daunting. At the moment I'm just trying to get rid of pop-ups and put all the images into lightboxes but there are thousands of them. I'm so disappointed and angry that Acorn never followed through with the "interactive" FW fan site. All the data is still here and has survived a few computer crashes but there are about five copies of everything salted away so it should be good. While I've been looking for updated information - and isn't there more of it now than there was fifteen years ago! - I noticed there are lots of MK related websites... so do we really need the MK site to be so heavy on screencaps? Would some trimming hurt? I don't want to get into video clips as 1) it infringes copyright moreso in my head than screencaps do, 2) I don't know how to do it and 3) there seem to be lots of silent mini clips out there and lots of stuff on youtube as well. The site does work on my phone, even the pop-ups although you have to back out of them rather than close them. The images in the lightboxes work well and enlarge well on the phone too. Anyway, just some rambles while I try to prioritise my time. :foylekiss: Gosh, I've missed those. :foyle5:
Florrie

Postby VagabondTrousers » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:53 pm

This is SO good to hear :D

Some of us out here know a thing or two (perhaps not much more than that, though :wink: ) about this stuff. Please ask for help if you need it.

I'll happily do what I can and I'm sure others will, too.

~ VT
VagabondTrousers

Postby starlight » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:08 pm

Welcome back :wavehello: to "The Thinking Woman's Leather Trousers" :rofl:
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby kitchenwonder » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:22 pm

Florrie wrote: ...I noticed there are lots of MK related websites... so do we really need the MK site to be so heavy on screencaps? Would some trimming hurt?...

Please don't eliminate any of your screencaps. I get so much enjoyment from gazing at them! :obsessed:

Your site is THE DEFINITIVE MK SITE. Need I say more? :foyle5:
"Well...The Foyles, you know, always have been hard to resist." (Enemy Fire S3E2)
"If Michael Kitchen played a corpse, you would still watch him more than anyone else." (Jaci Stephen, The Mail, November 3, 2002)
kitchenwonder

PreviousNext

Return to General Conversation