Andrew Davies drama

Andrew Davies drama

Postby amiga » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:43 pm

Does anyone know anything about this?

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-09- ... sed-online

"Is That Your Body, Boy? (1970)

Former teacher Davies penned this taut drama which was broadcast as part of BBC2's Thirty Minute Theatre slot. It starred Ron Moody as a domineering PE teacher while Michael Kitchen made his TV debut as one of his pupils.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Re: Andrew Davies drama

Postby Lynnedean » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:32 pm

Oh boy, I've been trying to get my hands on that for more years than I can remember! I'm pretty sure that it was The Man's first venture into television drama, and it will have been his first association with writer Andrew Davies, whose screenplays have since included him several times.
Yippee! A million thanks for the alert, Amiga! :thankyou:

Incidentally, I see that the rather quirky Ball Trap on the Cote Sauvage (1989) is also available in the BBC Store's Davies collection.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby starlight » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:53 pm

Well, don't get too excited. Both Jilly and I bought Is That Your Body, Boy? last week, only to discover you could neither download it nor watch it online. The fault was at the BBC Store end, and since they couldn't give us a schedule for a fix, they gave us a refund. :noidea:

If anybody has more luck than we did, I'd be interested to know. No doubt they'll fix the issue eventually. :computerwars:
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby Lynnedean » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:57 pm

starlight wrote:Well, don't get too excited. Both Jilly and I bought Is That Your Body, Boy? last week, only to discover you could neither download it nor watch it online. The fault was at the BBC Store end, and since they couldn't give us a schedule for a fix, they gave us a refund.

If anybody has more luck than we did, I'd be interested to know. No doubt they'll fix the issue eventually.

I had the same trouble today, Starlight, but I chatted with someone in the BBC Store support team, and the answer proved to be simple. I was advised to use Chrome instead of Firefox, and that did the trick! I've now downloaded the drama, and can also view it on the BBC Store website. :D

Note: Video files downloaded from the BBC Store are in .ismv format, so can only be viewed using their Downloader, which is a video player as well as a downloader.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby starlight » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:24 pm

Lynnedean wrote:
starlight wrote:I was advised to use Chrome instead of Firefox, and that did the trick! I've now downloaded the drama, and can also view it on the BBC Store website. :D

Well I was using Chrome, Lynne. Unsure what Jilly was using, but she was on a Mac. I'll pass it on, anyway, and might give it another go.
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby Jillybean » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:13 pm

Bless, he looks too young. His face when as he's leaving the gymnasium...Awwwwwww!!

Here are some pics... http://jillyfern.tumblr.com/post/151113100934/an-incredibly-young-michael-kitchen-as-waller-in
There's something about you fascinates me...
Jillybean

Postby amiga » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:20 pm

Oh, my, just a baby with crazy hair and zits (spots). :lol: Too cute!

Thanks, Jilly. I couldn't buy it from the US.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby kitchentease » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:30 am

Have I been trapped in a time warp? Back from behind the Great Firewall in Beijing and MK is 40+ years younger. Lucky him :thumbsup:
But, what does the brain matter....compared to the heart?
kitchentease

Return to General Conversation