Recognizing MK's name

Recognizing MK's name

Postby Samfan » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:35 pm

I recently joined Advent Running (a group you can join, based in London, for exercising. From December 1-25, you run or otherwise exercise for at least 30 minutes every day). They have a Facebook group, and one member recently asked for suggestions for audiobooks to listen to while running. Well, I suggested my favorite two Robert Goddard books read by Michael Kitchen [Caught in the Light and Set in Stone]. Imagine my surprise when no one commented (or even liked) about the wonderful Michael Kitchen, or even Robert Goddard. :shock: :puzzled:

I know--we've discussed this before--not many people know of MK. All the more the appeal, for some people.

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Re: Recognizing MK's name

Postby Wolesley » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:34 pm

Good taste is rare! :biggrin:

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby kitchentease » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:47 am

Wolesley wrote:Good taste is rare! :biggrin:

Lesley

Except among librarians it seems :thumbsup: I was in my local library researching a WWII question and the librarian mentioned FW and how much she enjoyed MK's superb acting. I laughingly said it wasn't just his acting I admired at which she blushed and said "Yes. he is rather appealing, isn't he?"
But, what does the brain matter....compared to the heart?
kitchentease

Postby amiga » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:12 pm

That is rare. I've never met anyone yet that knows him. I've even asked people from the UK. Their loss. Sure glad we do though.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Return to General Conversation