MK doppelgänger

MK doppelgänger

Postby lrose » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:53 pm

I was watching an episode of M*A*S*H https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M*A*S*H_%28TV_series%29 and was startled to suddenly see a face I thought I recognized. Of course it was another actor. American actor Ed Flanders is MK's doppelganger, yes? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Flanders
:foyle3: Any others out there who resemble him?
Attachments
Ed_flanders.jpg
American Actor Ed Flanders
Ed_flanders.jpg (20.13 KiB) Viewed 4371 times
lrose

Re: MK doppelgänger

Postby kitchenwonder » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:52 am

Wow! I had seen him before but never made that comparison to MK. :eek:
"Well...The Foyles, you know, always have been hard to resist." (Enemy Fire S3E2)
"If Michael Kitchen played a corpse, you would still watch him more than anyone else." (Jaci Stephen, The Mail, November 3, 2002)
kitchenwonder

Postby Sunshine » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:03 pm

We've actually talked about Ed Flanders before, comparing the roles he played to those MK has played. Flanders was best known for his role on the NBC drama "St. Elsewhere," but performed in many other TV shows as well, of course.

The only reference I could find on this board, though, was on the "Backstairs at the White House" string. (Flanders played President Calvin Coolidge in that NBC miniseries.) Maybe we talked about him on the old board. :noidea:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby Lynnedean » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:43 pm

Sunshine wrote:We've actually talked about Ed Flanders before [...] The only reference I could find on this board, though, was on the "Backstairs at the White House" string. [...] Maybe we talked about him on the old board.

Yes, the discussion was on the old board.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby Wolesley » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:53 pm

There indeed was discussion about Ed Flanders on the old board, and I had mentioned particularly his role in a 'movie of the week' feature called Special Bulletin in 1983. Ed played a senior national TV news anchor covering an incident of terrorism in Charleston. I highly recommend it if you can find it. He also holds the record for the most film portrayals of Harry Truman in different productions.
He was a fascinating actor with a solid stage background, like MK, and performed roles in Shakespeare, Pinter and Eugene O'Neill productions.
I was a big fan of his portrayal of Dr. Donald Westphall in St. Elsewhere, in which he played a widower with a very responsible daughter and a son with autism.
(And now that I think of it, the very first 'fan fiction' I wrote was an ep of St. Elsewhere, which I composed on a typewriter and actually had the temerity to send to the producers of the series. Of course I never heard back from anyone. :waiting: :biggrin: )

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby Lynnedean » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:08 pm

I have a copy of the Ed Flanders page that was on the Old Board, and our Admin has given me to the okay to supply one to anyone who would like to read through it (thanks, Lesley). If you're interested, just drop me a pm. :smile:
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Postby kitchenwonder » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:21 pm

I've missed alot by being late to the game! :rose:
"Well...The Foyles, you know, always have been hard to resist." (Enemy Fire S3E2)
"If Michael Kitchen played a corpse, you would still watch him more than anyone else." (Jaci Stephen, The Mail, November 3, 2002)
kitchenwonder

Return to General Conversation