A bit of a mess

A bit of a mess

Postby hughsbeautiful » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:22 pm

Hi girls and boys :wave:

I'm in a bit of a mess atm, because I've been watching so much video lately with MK,
and it gets a bit exhausting, because he's so lovely and cute and handsome. :wink: :oops:
Reading Foyle fanfiction only adds to this. But I can't seem to stop! :-? :smile:

Does this ever happen to anyone else? :eyeroll:

P.S. that top banner with him in Enchanted April doesn't help either *long sigh* :lol:
Last edited by hughsbeautiful on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hughsbeautiful

Re: A bit of a mess

Postby Samfan » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:58 pm

No, I don't think you're alone. I think you're in really good company. I watched They Fought in the Fields again Sunday night, and was once again struck by all of MK's facial expressions.... :cloud9:

(we really do need a 'like' and/or agree' button.... :lol:

Samfan
Last edited by Samfan on Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby hughsbeautiful » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:47 am

Aww yes we do need that, Samfan :thumbsup:

And thanks, it helps to hear I'm not alone :wavehello:
hughsbeautiful

Postby Samfan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:07 pm

Have you been able to listen to any of the audio books read by MK, Hughsbeautiful? The ones by Robert Goddard that he reads are some of my favorites.

Just to make yourself even more crazy. :biggrin:

Samfan
"It's got so much chalk in it I'm not sure if we should eat it or write with it."
"What are you going to do for the rest of your life, fish? There's bigger fish to be caught here."
Samfan

Postby hughsbeautiful » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:32 pm

I've listened to Wuthering Heights some time ago, which I liked. :wink:
I will try a Goddard next time, thank you :thumbsup:

But wait, nooo, please don't encourage me atm :lol: *continous to read Foyle fanfiction* :cloud9:
hughsbeautiful

Postby kitchentease » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:44 pm

How I wish I could find those Robert Goddard audiobooks here, Samfan. The libraries have them but my vision isn't impaired enough to borrow them. Do you think I might qualify if I showed up after downing my sorrows in a few glasses of wine? Any suggestions for sources fellow MK fans? Audible UK won't sell UK versions of audiobooks to me because I have a Canadian credit card so I can't even download some of the MK narrated titles on its website. It's too :sad:
But, what does the brain matter....compared to the heart?
kitchentease

Postby Samfan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:08 pm

I didn't know a person had to be visually-impaired to borrow audiobooks (or books on CD) from libraries in Canada (or maybe just your town--haven't they ever heard of commuters?). I've always been able to borrow books on CD from my local libraries. And as for audible-UK--what's the big deal about a Canadian credit card? Isn't Canada ''associated' with the UK (I'm terribly sorry--I don't know the correct term :awkward: ). Have you tried Amazon-UK or Amazon-US for some audiobooks on CD or cassette?

-Perhaps some of our Canadian and UK friends can help explain...?

Samfan
Samfan

Postby hughsbeautiful » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:12 pm

No, here everyone also can borrow audiobooks at the library. Are you sure, kitchentease , that you aren't allowed? :puzzled: :wink:
hughsbeautiful

Postby kitchentease » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:18 pm

I should have explained better. Some can be borrowed but some older ones, like MK's Robert Goddard ones, are restricted to visually impaired borrowers.
kitchentease

Postby Samfan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:43 pm

kitchentease wrote:I should have explained better. Some can be borrowed but some older ones, like MK's Robert Goddard ones, are restricted to visually impaired borrowers.

Isn't that a bit of discrimination against people who CAN see, but prefer to listen (like commuters and crafters [knitters, crocheters, cross-stitchers, quilters]), and those who really don't know how to read, or for those for whom it is very difficult to read (people with learning disabilities in reading, or people with cognitive disabilities). What do they do at the library, ask for proof that you are visually impaired? Isn't that rather intrusive?

I''m delving into Canadian law and Canadian library policies, so I guess I can't say too much, except to commiserate with you, Kitchentease. Sorry!! :sad:

Samfan
Samfan

Postby mohairMK » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:03 am

hughsbeautiful wrote:
I'm in a bit of a mess atm, because I've been watching so much video lately with MK,
and it gets a bit exhausting, because he's so lovely and cute and handsome.
Reading Foyle fanfiction only adds to this. But I can't seem to stop!

Does this ever happen to anyone else?

Nah...never happens to me... :lol: :lol: :lol:
(humm...my favorite movie should be "Liar, Liar"...but there's no MK in it...)
"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Postby hughsbeautiful » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:35 pm

Good to hear, mohairMK :lol: :thumbsup: :wave:
hughsbeautiful

Postby Wolesley » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:53 pm

Well, hughsbeautiful, really, you're just complaining to your fellow sinners trapped in purgatory (though it's a very pleasant place to be). I myself have been 'studying' The Man's career for over twelve years now, and my interest has always been sustained, not only because of his attractiveness, but by his infinite variety - the quality of his work, by his classiness, cleverness, humour, dramatic prowess, and all out sexiness. He definitely merits close study!

However, in these days of instant access to every possible world source of material on any subject, one is doomed to become drawn in and hopelessly entangled in the net of information about one's object of desire. And to find a group of like-obsessed souls.

As long as it's not seriously interfering with your other commitments, I say, give in and enjoy! :foylekiss:

Lesley (obsessing since 2002)
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby mohairMK » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:22 pm

Wolesley wrote:As long as it's not seriously interfering with your other commitments, I say, give in and enjoy! :foylekiss:

What then should we say when it DOES seriously interfere with our other commitments? :whistling:
mohairMK

Postby starlight » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:37 pm

mohairMK wrote:
Wolesley wrote:As long as it's not seriously interfering with your other commitments, I say, give in and enjoy! :foylekiss:

What then should we say when it DOES seriously interfere with our other commitments? :whistling:

Stop. :ugeek: And sign up for the Ice Bucket Challenge.
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby mohairMK » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:42 pm

starlight wrote:
mohairMK wrote:

Stop. :ugeek: And sign up for the Ice Bucket Challenge.

I don't even think THAT would help! :lol: :lol: :lol:
mohairMK

Postby kitchentease » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:07 am

And there I was thinking that my almost year-long obsession was over the top. I can relax and enjoy it now I know how many years you are ahead of me, Wolesley. :D
kitchentease

Postby mohairMK » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:38 am

kitchentease wrote:And there I was thinking that my almost year-long obsession was over the top. I can relax and enjoy it now... :D

Yes, you can...if the rest of us are anything to go by! :foyle6:
mohairMK

Postby Louise » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:01 pm

No, you are not in a mess, you just recognise brilliant acting and want more of it. Quality drama and it's totally understandable. :thumbsup:
Louise

Postby Sunshine » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:16 pm

Mess?! :foyle1: :waders: :foylesuit: :jack: What mess? :foylekiss: :foyle5:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Next

Return to General Conversation