No Man's Land - "The Skinny"

Re: No Man's Land - "The Skinny"

Postby jewell » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:39 pm

And another thing.

After careful examination I truely believe that the hand distracts, distorts and diverts.

Git yer hands outta yer pocket, MK! Show us what ya got!

J
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby Englishfan » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:21 pm

starlight wrote:
Englishfan wrote:(anyone using those trousers for their photo icon on the forum?! :waiting: )

Here's a smorgasbord.
Knock yourself out, Englishfan. :D

I saw this at 7AM and have been passed out on the floor ever since!!!!! Actually, I had seen many of these independently of the collage and enjoyed them! :whistling:

This has been a fun topic!!!!! Hope no one minds that we have deviated from his other forms of acting!

What a guy!

E'fan.
Englishfan

Postby FancyFoyle » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:39 pm

Ladies,

{I'd be willing to bet that 'starlight' feels like this right about now: :writer:}

I'd also be willing to wager that she thought she was posting her wonderful review, which would then lead to a serious discussion.

Bah!Hahahahahahaha! Not on THIS board, girlie! What a can o' worms you've unwittingly opened! Only time will tell if it can ever be closed!

After careful examination I truely believe that the hand distracts, distorts and diverts.

...from the tumblr gif, I'd say Mr. K had his lines written in Braille inside his left pocket, and perhaps wasn't only using his hand to read them.

What excellent theories you have come up with, pertaining to what has become such a fascinating subject! And the soundness of said theories cannot be called into question! :applause:

May I add just a little something to the discussion?

Now, firstly, I must say that I am neither a physician, nor the son, er...daughter of a physician, so I can in no way lend any medical credence to the following statement....

However, being as circumspect as possible, I am wondering...is it plausible that MK, with his ineffable ability to display physicality, is simply demonstrating to the audience that Foster is attending to something he may have "picked up" on his travels throughout Southeast Asia? (Go on a little imaginary journey with me to Bali, if you will...). Those Balinese "girls" (be they male, female, or she-male), who adore him so much, could very probably be referred to as "hygienically-challenged", no? Could MK perhaps be giving us a clue as to the genuine "vagabondness" of "Little Jack"? :naughtybrow:

{Yes, I made that word up}

Stay with me, here....

I am, in no way suggesting that MK deliberately got himself a dose just to "feel" the character of Foster. I mean, I've never heard that MK subscribes to the same theory of acting that, say Robert DeNiro or Christian Bale wholeheartedly embrace, in order to really get into their roles.

That would be taking method-acting to an all new "low". And character-development really shouldn't expose one to a potentially-incurable, not to mention very unpleasant, disease. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No, I am simply asking, is it possible that MK is gyrating and whatever else it is he's doing, as a means of reinforcing without words, the painful, icky, itchy truth about Foster; in the same way he uses his body language and facial expressions in every performance?

:bananadance:

Secondly, re: my comment on tumblr about the "itching powder in the trousers". It was simple speculation on my part. I was neither casting aspersions on the character of the costumers of NML, nor questioning their motives. :lol:

Thank you for your indulgence, ladies. I simply had to add my very uneducated opinion on the matter of the "better-than-Elvis" gyrations and the possible reasons for them, and also to clear the air regarding my hasty comment with respect to the wardrobers of NML. I meant no disrespect.

Very Sincerely Yours,
Martha
FancyFoyle

Postby EagleDay » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:34 pm

I dare say that this conversation has just the right amount of drama for a Theatre topic.

Pinter himself would have been jealous. :rofl:
..but above all, Losberne, he was irresponsible!
EagleDay

Postby amiga » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:44 pm

FancyFoyle wrote:Ladies,
{I'd be willing to bet that 'starlight' feels like this right about now: :writer:}

I'd also be willing to wager that she thought she was posting her wonderful review, which would then lead to a serious discussion.

Very Sincerely Yours,
Martha

Suggestion to anyone who wants to have a serious discussion about anything.... never mention MK and trousers in your post. To do so will result in all of the above and all that may follow. Minds just seem to turn to mush seeing those two things in the same sentence. :whistling:

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby starlight » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:49 pm

Yeah. Mea maxima culpa. Sorry. :thud:
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby amiga » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:57 pm

starlight wrote:Yeah. Mea maxima culpa. Sorry. :thud:

Didn't mean to sound like I was being critical....only making a joke. MK and trousers were certainly a more interesting topic than Pinter.

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby FancyFoyle » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:00 pm

starlight wrote:Yeah. Mea maxima culpa. Sorry. :thud:

Nothing, WHATSOEVER, to be sorry about.

It's been great fun and livened up what has been an otherwise incredibly boring snow-day. My kids are home from school because we got three inches of snow last night and, honestly this has been a wonderful distraction.

It's also kept me sane!

You're just grand, starry. Just bloody grand!
Martha
FancyFoyle

Postby starlight » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:27 pm

amiga wrote:Didn't mean to sound like I was being critical....only making a joke.
Heh. So was I :wink:
FancyFoyle wrote:Nothing, WHATSOEVER, to be sorry about.
Dunno about that... :awkward:
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby FancyFoyle » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:28 pm

"Starry"

Please don't misunderstand :-?

Me and amiga, we likey what you started! :hug:

We no want you to be sad :cry:

Or upset :writer:

Or feel guilty about anything :oops:

We've all had way too much fun! :dancing6: :bananadance:

This is for you :thankyou:

Martha
FancyFoyle

Postby Jillybean » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:50 pm

Ok ladies, I've slowly realised that being all serious and review-like on a thread involving MK and his trousers was the height of folly :wink:

So as Starlight is quite busy and Jewell seemed quite eager - I thought I'd join KF in giffing the old trouser shot...

MK trouser watch - Wilderness
There's something about you fascinates me...
Jillybean

Postby FancyFoyle » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:04 am

Jillybean wrote:Ok ladies, I've slowly realised that being all serious and review-like on a thread involving MK and his trousers was the height of folly :wink:

Oh, the absolute HEIGHT of folly!

And I doubt anyone on here will ever completely forget..... :obsessed:

Dammit! I just found out, the schools here are closed again tomorrow.

Whatever will I do to keep from killing the kids...? :bigstick:
FancyFoyle

Postby dcfoylefan » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:37 am

I feel your pain Fancy Foyle. We just finished up day 3 of all 3 children being home. I do love my children, but...

Luckily they are all back to school tomorrow here in DC.

You have my deepest sympathies. Thank goddess for Vagabond Trousers. I might not have survived today otherwise...
aka britishdetectives.tumblr.com
dcfoylefan

Postby FancyFoyle » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:05 am

We just finished up day 3 of all 3 children being home. I do love my children, but...
I might not have survived today otherwise...

I know I wouldn't have! I love my sons, too, but enough's enough. They want to go outside, but that's just not gonna happen. We don't have the cold-weather gear for them like families up north no doubt have. My boys would end up with frostbite and hypothermia!

Thanks for the encouragement. I wasn't aware DC schools were closed on Tuesday. I feel YOUR pain, too.

Enjoy your day of peace and quiet tomorrow.

Maybe I can find a way to continue the Vagabond Trousers thing for another day. Or maybe 'starlight' (or someone else???) will stir-up something good for me to derp on tomorrow!

Any and all ideas welcome. I am up for open discussion of anything! :waiting: :toetap:
Martha
FancyFoyle

Postby jewell » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:44 am

Now ladies, isn't it all so much better without the hand in the pocket obscuring, uh, things.

Jilly! Thanks so much for posting this. Very nice!

:ten:

Jewell
Last edited by jewell on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby mohairMK » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:21 am

Englishfan wrote:
Someone on the forum once said that Mr. Kitchen has it all. I think he might!!!!!!

You do not have to watch this play to enjoy his trousers!!!!

Just got in on this thread!! :cool: I agree with Lesley, stupid work interfering with all this fun...

Yeah, MK does have it all, and from the looks of things, a large part of it is inside those trousers... :oops:

Oops, did I just write that? :awkward:

Well, anyway, he definitely exemplifies "Moves Like Jagger" in the No Man's Pants (er...Land) gif's...
Last edited by mohairMK on Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Postby mohairMK » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:34 am

Wolesley wrote:
...from the tumblr gif, I'd say Mr. K had his lines written in Braille inside his left pocket, and perhaps wasn't only using his hand to read them.

Whoa...what an observation..... :shock: Wouldn't mind jumping in there and helping him with that...
Last edited by mohairMK on Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
mohairMK

Postby mohairMK » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:59 am

Jillybean wrote:As for No Man’s Pants, while these are nice and, uh, filled out, I much prefer his trousers in Wilderness just after the dinner scene:

Another Whoa...my eyes must have been focused above the waist last time I watched Wilderness...Silly Me. :shock:

This Wilderness picture has got to be the Pant's Prize Winner... :applause:

Nothing to obscure the view in this....like I mentioned to Jillybean, he may not fill out his trousers so much in the back (his cute little minimalistic bum), but he makes up for it with the front!
Last edited by mohairMK on Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
mohairMK

Postby mohairMK » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:14 am

Englishfan wrote:
And, let's face it, Mr. Kitchen knew exactly what he was wearing/doing when he did that and in other scenes in many shows. Like we have seen in his acting, so much more is "said" without words and who knows what words he eliminated here in lieu of these trousers!!!!!

(anyone using those trousers for their photo icon on the forum?!

I'd agree he was aware of what he was doing, I mean, just look at the way he STANDS there...you know he knows! He not only uses his expressive, beautiful face to speak, we know he uses his body as well, he moves like a dancer.

As far as someone using the trouser pics for an avatar, they only need to focus on the bit below the waist of the trousers for that. Anyone with any sense would know who it is!! :lol:
mohairMK

Postby amiga » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:29 am

I think it's a sock! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Amiga
amiga

PreviousNext

Return to Theatre