[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Quietly Enigmatic • View topic - No Man's Land - "The Skinny"

No Man's Land - "The Skinny"

Re: No Man's Land - "The Skinny"

Postby Englishfan » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:02 am

Englishfan

Postby amiga » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:08 am

Aside from his Bali girls and his giggles and cuddles, he seemed just as gay as the rest of them. Was he straight pretending to be gay, or gay pretending to be straight? Do I have to watch it again?

Amiga
"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby starlight » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:29 am

Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby Jillybean » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:35 am

There's something about you fascinates me...
Jillybean

Postby amiga » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:01 am

"He's the man men want to be, and the man women want to be with. A good definition of sexy." Anonymous
amiga

Postby Jillybean » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:19 am

Jillybean

Postby Wolesley » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:26 am

Sorry to have missed out on this erudite discussion today - (stupid work!), and living in the wrong time zone. :eyeroll:

I only have this comment, so far: from the tumblr gif, I'd say Mr. K had his lines written in Braille inside his left pocket, and perhaps wasn't only using his hand to read them.

Lesley :rofl:
Wolesley

Postby amiga » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:37 am

amiga

Postby Englishfan » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:40 am

Lesley.....
You may have solved the confusion!!!!!! :lol:

Not to disagree with you, but.........!!!!!! :eek:

Welcome home from work!!!!!!! This is anything but work!

E'fan
Englishfan

Postby jewell » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:19 am

Oh my!

What has been happening here?!!

I have a bit of a delicate question, though. Which “c” word are we talking about?

Men calling other men this word? Not as offensive? Then I take it we’re talking about the “c” word associated with male chickens, not the other, very offensive, word.?? Cannot watch it again to find out for myself, can not.

I watched this putrid play several years ago (I believe I commented about it on the old board – so it was a while back) and I don’t remember it being exceptionally profane. Then again, I spent 6 years in the Navy so sometimes profane doesn’t sink in.

As for No Man’s Pants, while these are nice and, uh, filled out, I much prefer his trousers in Wilderness just after the dinner scene. Post that, Starlight! But maybe on another thread. This one seems to be devoted to Vagabond Trousers. Which is good.

Fascinating afternoon! The most enjoyment I will ever get out of a Pinter play.

Jewell
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby Jillybean » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:30 am

Jillybean

Postby BookwormKate » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:56 am

"You could do with a good chat then..."
BookwormKate

Postby Sunshine » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:29 am

Wow! Quite a discussion going! :biggrin:

BTW, the only thing I've got to add is that NML included a very rare circumstance of MK crossing the Atlantic to work in the U.S.

I've always wondered whether he'd want to do the play again now, either as Spooner or Hirst.
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby starlight » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:55 am

starlight

Postby jewell » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:49 pm

Thanks Jilly!

Damn, Now I may have to watch some - a little - just to see how they are using this word. I'm afraid I would still find it offensive even if used by men of men. It's still an insult, denigrating women.

And yes, those are the trousers! :whistling:

Jewell

(Suppose I must chastise myself for denigrating - making a sex object of - men. Naaah! Getting some back!)
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby starlight » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:11 pm

starlight

Postby ayresorchids » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:48 pm

...And I do hope that you find somebody who deserves you.
ayresorchids

Postby dcfoylefan » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:24 pm

MK at the Kennedy center. Sigh. That would have been nice. Hope you are staying warm Chris.

I'm home again with my unruly brood for another snow day. It seems clear I'm not getting any real work done today between giggling at this conversation and snowman building.

Come to think of it, life is pretty good. Thanks for the laughs ladies!

Vagabond trousers. Hee.
aka britishdetectives.tumblr.com
dcfoylefan

Postby Englishfan » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:21 pm

Jillybean!

My husband just walked behind me as I was enjoying your post. And he thought I liked Mr. Kitchen's acting ONLY!!! :rofl:

And, let's face it, Mr. Kitchen knew exactly what he was wearing/doing when he did that and in other scenes in many shows. Like we have seen in his acting, so much more is "said" without words and who knows what words he eliminated here in lieu of these trousers!!!!! :obsessed:

Englishfan

(anyone using those trousers for their photo icon on the forum?! :waiting: )
Englishfan

Postby starlight » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:38 pm

starlight

PreviousNext

Return to Theatre