Michael Kitchen stage appearances - selected pics

Michael Kitchen stage appearances - selected pics

Postby Lynnedean » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:05 pm

Pictures obtained from theatre programmes, magazines or newspaper reviews. These and/or others may be found in the theatre section of The Michael Kitchen Site

Sorry, folks, due to the recent very dirty trick played upon its users by Photobucket (see The Verge: Photobucket accused of extortion) I have had to remove all my pics. However, as stated above, they can still be found on TMKS.
~ Lynne
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Re: Michael Kitchen stage appearances - selected pics

Postby Wolesley » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:58 am

Here's a comment on the fight scene in MK's 1986 appearance as Mercutio in the RSC production of Romeo and Juliet, posted in 2011:
http://findingshakespeare.co.uk/picture-of-the-month-3

Lesley
I'm a pole selector; I select poles.
Wolesley

Postby Sunshine » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:26 pm

Kind of funny that Romeo & Juliet influenced West Side Story, which may have influenced this production! :cool:
Just looked over the chapter on "Horse Racing and Illegal Rambling."

I haven't got the requisite capacity for deceit.
Sunshine

Postby bubbe » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:51 am

My darling second husband,who was bemused my crush on this sexy young English actor, surprised me on a trip to England with tickets to RichardII in Stratford in 1986. I still have the program which is quite large by US program standards and colorful with a Unicorn on the cover. I came across it the other day and while reading the cast, I noticed that Jeremy Irons played Richard and Bernard Horstall, a favorite of mine (maybe later) was also in it. I had totally forgotten that (I am 80, we are allowed). I do remember the magic of watchingand being enthralled by the young man who played Bolingbroke!! What a loss to theater that he did not continue on the stage. I would send a picture of the program but do not know how. I am " downsizing" so my kids do not have so much to sort through when the day comes that I continue my " journey" elsewhere (or not). However, that program went in the "save" pile. Be well, everybody. June
Well,um,he's...he's an American
bubbe

Postby mohairMK » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:14 am

Whoa, what a great collection of classic photos of The Man on stage!

But what in the world is she doing to him in that picture of Bedroom Farce? He looks like he's in pain...
"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Postby Jillybean » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:19 am

mohairMK wrote:But what in the world is she doing to him in that picture of Bedroom Farce? He looks like he's in pain...

This should help explain Mohair :biggrin:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=af95my0eflQ
There's something about you fascinates me...
Jillybean

Postby Lynnedean » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:23 am

Posted deleted July 2017 because image blocked as a result of Photobucket changing its terms of service. :sad:
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." ~ Ogden Nash
Lynnedean

Bedroom Farce

Postby Lynnedean » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:30 pm

Re Bedroom Farce ...
Three years after the play was formed on stage, it was produced by Granada Television for ITV. Same company, National Theatre of Great Britain, and most of the same cast, but with Christopher Morahan directing (the stage production was directed jointly by Peter Hall and Alan Ayckbourn). These are shots of the TV production ... note the the other guy with a shock of curly hair, popular style of the day, is Stephen Moore - none other than Sam's dad, the Revd Iain Stewart ...

Lynnedean

Postby starlight » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:26 pm

Oh brilliant! And that's Joan Hickson, in pre-Marple days, right at the bottom! (isn't it :puzzled: ?)
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Re: Bedroom Farce

Postby jewell » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:46 pm

Lynnedean wrote:... note the the other guy with a shock of curly hair, popular style of the day, is Stephen Moore - none other than Sam's dad, the Revd Iain Stewart ...

NO! :eek:
"When they ask why, I'll go: well, it's the least, no, honestly, it's the very bloody least I could do!

"And not just decked him. No! Fried the devious, dirty bastard to a crisp in the luxury of his over-waxed car!"
jewell

Postby cmee57 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:00 pm

In the picture from "On the Razzle" it looks like the person in the middle is Felicity Kendall or do my eyes deceive me? :puzzled:
"Special! And it's my word, anyway. I'm perfectly entitled to use it, so do bugger off. I'm sticking with it! Thank you!" - Alibi
cmee57

Postby starlight » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:13 pm

<image cannot be displayed>
Nice bit of upper-body-strength on display in this R&J one. :thumbsup: :whistling:
Do I need to remind you...how much you can trust me?
starlight

Postby Lynnedean » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:47 pm

Yep, Starlight, that's Joan Hickson. She was also in the stage production with Mr K. Others who also reprised their stage roles for the television production were Polly Adams, Stephen Moore and Derek Newark.

And yes, cmee57, that's Felicity Kendal in On the Razzle, along with the delightful Ray Brooks, alas no longer with us.

Info about the theatre productions - dates, venues, casts, etc. - can be found on Fiona's wonderful Michael Kitchen Site ... TMKS: Theatre
Lynnedean

Postby foylefan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:29 am

What a wonderful surprise, June! Great memories, huh?
foylefan

Postby mohairMK » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:14 am

Thanks, Jilly and Lynndean for the info and YT clip on Bedroom Farce. Now I know he is in pain from a back injury. Would really like to have seen that one! I agree, great bits of MK history!
"Think? It's all I've ever done and it's got me absobloodylutely nowhere"
mohairMK

Return to Theatre